Value of: value of David Savard and Scott Hartnell

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Have to think that CBJ would move Hartnell without needing a ton back.

Right now, they have 4 forwards with a NMC, and that doesn't involve Saad, Wenneberg, Atkinson or Jenner. My guess is they would rather protect all 4 of those guys instead of Hartnell.

The other players with a NMC are Dubinsky, Foligno and Clarkson. Nobody is taking Foligno or Clarkson off their hands. That leaves Dubinsky or Hartnell, and CBJ doesn't really have another center to replace Dubinsky.

They may prefer to wait until the deadline to see if they can get something good for Hartnell, but if they hold him past the deadline, they are risking one of their younger forwards for a 35 year old 50 point player.

I imagine CBJ can get Clarkson to waive his NMC without issue. LV would never pick him.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Can a CBJ fan shed some light on their likely expansion list. I'm guessing with the 4 NMC's they likely go 7-3 leaving 1 of Calvert/Atkinson exposed up front and 1 of Johnson/Savard exposed on the back end.

What about Wennberg and Karlsson are they exempt or do they have to be protected as well?

Also does anyone know if there will be a buyout window before the expansion draft?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Can a CBJ fan shed some light on their likely expansion list. I'm guessing with the 4 NMC's they likely go 7-3 leaving 1 of Calvert/Atkinson exposed up front and 1 of Johnson/Savard exposed on the back end.

What about Wennberg and Karlsson are they exempt or do they have to be protected as well?

Also does anyone know if there will be a buyout window before the expansion draft?

The normal buyout window starts June 15, and the expansion draft is supposedly taking place the day before the entry draft, so yes, there would be a buyout window.

Most likely protection lists are as follows:

Saad
Jenner
Dubinsky (NMC)
Wennberg
Atkinson
Foligno (NMC)
Hartnell (NMC)
Exposed: Karlsson, Calvert, Clarkson (waived NMC), Anderson, some other prospects
Exempt: Bjorkstrand, Milano, Dubois, a few other prospects

Jones
Murray
Savard
Exposed: Johnson, Prout, some other prospects
Exempt: Werenski, a few other prospects

Bobrovsky (NMC)
Exposed: technically McElhinney, Korpisalo and Forsberg :(

There's an ongoing debate as to whether or not we should figure out a way to somehow protect Anderson. Personally, I don't think it's that much of an issue. By contrast, the Johnson/Savard debate is nonexistent; pretty much everyone is confident that Werenski can and ultimately will step up in his place.

Losing one of Korpisalo or Forsberg would suck, but both have been pretty good. Johnson seems the most vulnerable anyways because of cap hit and experience, but we'll see how this goes.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
The normal buyout window starts June 15, and the expansion draft is supposedly taking place the day before the entry draft, so yes, there would be a buyout window.

Most likely protection lists are as follows:

Saad
Jenner
Dubinsky (NMC)
Wennberg
Atkinson
Foligno (NMC)
Hartnell (NMC)
Exposed: Karlsson, Calvert, Clarkson (waived NMC), Anderson, some other prospects
Exempt: Bjorkstrand, Milano, Dubois, a few other prospects

Jones
Murray
Savard
Exposed: Johnson, Prout, some other prospects
Exempt: Werenski, a few other prospects

Bobrovsky (NMC)
Exposed: technically McElhinney, Korpisalo and Forsberg :(

There's an ongoing debate as to whether or not we should figure out a way to somehow protect Anderson. Personally, I don't think it's that much of an issue. By contrast, the Johnson/Savard debate is nonexistent; pretty much everyone is confident that Werenski can and ultimately will step up in his place.

Losing one of Korpisalo or Forsberg would suck, but both have been pretty good. Johnson seems the most vulnerable anyways because of cap hit and experience, but we'll see how this goes.

What do you mean by waved in relation to Clarkson? Like waived for purpose of a buyout? Because with the NMC I don't believe you can just waive him to the minors.

And also thankfully they can only take 1 player because you guys have quite a few solid players to expose.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
^^^^^we expect Clarkson to waive his NMC for the draft because 0 chance he gets drafted and if he does he will get actual playing time maybe except for a permanent bench spot on the jackets. There is 0 chance we protect him.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
^^^^^we expect Clarkson to waive his NMC for the draft because 0 chance he gets drafted and if he does he will get actual playing time maybe except for a permanent bench spot on the jackets. There is 0 chance we protect him.

He also probably doesn't want to piss off a team that's going out of its way to try to help him salvage his career.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
He also probably doesn't want to piss off a team that's going out of its way to try to help him salvage his career.

Well to be honest, why would he care?

He will get paid if he doesn't move his clause. If they buy him out, he still gets paid.

Might not be all of his paycheck, but likely he gets bought out at some point anyway.

Keep his NMC, gets bought, signs another contract.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Well to be honest, why would he care?

He will get paid if he doesn't move his clause. If they buy him out, he still gets paid.

Might not be all of his paycheck, but likely he gets bought out at some point anyway.

Keep his NMC, gets bought, signs another contract.

Because he might care about how the team he is on does and views him. Especially if it doesn't cost him anything to do something good for them.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
If Clarkson is injured can you still expose him in the expansion draft or are you forced to protect him? I thought I saw in the rules that Vegas can't pick an injured player so if that's the case, why allow a team to expose an injured player? If that rule is correct, screws Columbus over. Would have to protect him and depending when he is injured, can't buy him out.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If Clarkson is injured can you still expose him in the expansion draft or are you forced to protect him? I thought I saw in the rules that Vegas can't pick an injured player so if that's the case, why allow a team to expose an injured player? If that rule is correct, screws Columbus over. Would have to protect him and depending when he is injured, can't buy him out.

IDK about being able to waive if injured, but if he misses 60 consecutive games to end the season then he's exempt.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
So what do you think the Jackets would want from the Habs for Savard and Hartnell together? They are a perfect fit in Mtl. Hartnell's grittiness and scoring and Savard's heritage, which is worth a lot there.

No, they're not. We already have 2 players to have the same role in Petry and Shaw.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
No, they're not. We already have 2 players to have the same role in Petry and Shaw.
I'll give you Petry versus Savard w/r/t "good #2RHD", but Shaw is only comparable to Hartnell in that he's a winger with an agitating style of play. Hartnell has three inches and 35 pounds on Shaw, and is more comparable in production (and, admittedly, age) to Plekanec.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
I'll give you Petry versus Savard w/r/t "good #2RHD", but Shaw is only comparable to Hartnell in that he's a winger with an agitating style of play. Hartnell has three inches and 35 pounds on Shaw, and is more comparable in production (and, admittedly, age) to Plekanec.

I was talking in terms of play of style. Hartnell is a better producer but Shaw is younger and more versatile (can play all forward positions).

In the end Hartnell > Shaw and Petry > Savard

If CBJ is interested in Shaw + for Hartnell, I'm all up for it

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad