Value of: Value of Bryan Little?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I CANNOT believe peeps are comparing him to Kadri. WTF Little is Twice the player at any position you want to try. Left, center, right, whatever..

Why do folks in Wpg get so angry about such inconsequential things? If Little was seriously twice as good as Kadri he'd have 80 points every season and win Selke's. That doesn't happen ever or really, even remotely for Little.

aqsw

PM
Sponsor
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
Why do folks in Wpg get so angry about such inconsequential things? If Little was seriously twice as good as Kadri he'd have 80 points every season and win Selke's. That doesn't happen ever or really, even remotely for Little.

When it comes to centers, a twice as good center doesn't mean he has to get 2x points. Look at their game. If you did you would notice that you would rather hve Little over Kadri every time they are on the ice. Pretty easily Little.

aqsw

PM
Sponsor
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
If Little is our second line center, Kadri woild be our fourth.
If Little is our third line center, Kadri is still our fourth

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
When it comes to centers, a twice as good center doesn't mean he has to get 2x points. Look at their game. If you did you would notice that you would rather hve Little over Kadri every time they are on the ice. Pretty easily Little.

That's because Little is better, and I have no problem admitting that. he's not twice as good and you should probably leave the hyperbole for Laine.

Bryan Little is a very good player.

Two 2nd round picks? Wow.

Worth more than that obviously

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
The only possible way I see Little going this season by trade is if he is packaged with Trouba, for a LD/LD prospect and a 2C or capable 3C. Even then we would likely not win that trade. Little can be had next season at the deadline to a contender as a good 2C. Then he will hit UFA at 30. Who knows though, Winnipeg has only him and Scheifele as real top 6 C. I don't even know if the Jets will be able to afford to lose Little in 2 years to UFA. They will be ready to start contending around then, and that would leave a big hole at 2C.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
The only possible way I see Little going this season by trade is if he is packaged with Trouba, for a LD/LD prospect and a 2C or capable 3C. Even then we would likely not win that trade. Little can be had next season at the deadline to a contender as a good 2C. Then he will hit UFA at 30. Who knows though, Winnipeg has only him and Scheifele as real top 6 C. I don't even know if the Jets will be able to afford to lose Little in 2 years to UFA. They will be ready to start contending around then, and that would leave a big hole at 2C.

WPG has good center prospects who should be ready by then. Trouba would be the real loss

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Little has played RW in the NHL and played C in the NHL. Whats so hard to understand?? In fact, going through some sites, some list him as a RW and some as a C. But no, lets try Little as a goalie. LMAO, I cant even... I just wont.

Sites like Hockeydb, Hockey-reference, CapFriendly all list him as a RW.

A good example is Sergechev, he played all season on the Right side in the OHL, yet he can play the Left side. I mean even if he doesnt play the right side in the NHL (cuz of Weber) and plays only on the left side, does that mean he cant play the Right side??? lol i love hf logic

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Little has played RW in the NHL and played C in the NHL. Whats so hard to understand?? In fact, going through some sites, some list him as a RW and some as a C. But no, lets try Little as a goalie. LMAO, I cant even... I just wont.

Sites like Hockeydb, Hockey-reference, CapFriendly all list him as a RW.

A good example is Sergechev, he played all season on the Right side in the OHL, yet he can play the Left side. I mean even if he doesnt play the right side in the NHL (cuz of Weber) and plays only on the left side, does that mean he cant play the Right side??? lol i love hf logic

Once again, Little has played exclusively center for the past 7 years. Anyone who has followed him as a Thrasher or a Jet could tell you this, as it's obvious you don't watch him. I love hf logic of people that don't watch a player trying to tell his fans what postition he plays :laugh:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Once again, Little has played exclusively center for the past 7 years. Anyone who has followed him as a Thrasher or a Jet could tell you this, as it's obvious you don't watch him. I love hf logic of people that don't watch a player trying to tell his fans what postition he plays :laugh:

yes hes played C, but if a team that wants to acquire him have too much depth on the C, they could use him on the RW.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
again not trying to say hes NOT a center. Im just saying a team can use him as a RW. Could increase his value... idk. Why you guys so salty??

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
RW

yes hes played C, but if a team that wants to acquire him have too much depth on the C, they could use him on the RW.

Maurice stated last training camp that he wanted to try Little back at RW. He had his highest scoring season there. Injuries didn't allow it. It seemed the team was not happy how he matched size wise with the Ducks in the previous 1st round sweep. Coach had really been talking up Adam Lowry around then.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avalanche don't really need another centre but if the value to return Little is really just a 2nd and an NHL ready good prospect I'd trade Bigras and a 2nd in a flash for him. Love Little's game.

I suspect it would take more than that to get him out of Winnipeg. No reason for the Jets to move him.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
again not trying to say hes NOT a center. Im just saying a team can use him as a RW. Could increase his value... idk. Why you guys so salty??

We're salty because you are always in there trying to tell us how lowsy this player of ours is (ie, Trouba) or that (name any Jet player & you probably have slammed him), and you really have no frickken clue. Stat watcher and not a very good one at that.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island

We almost played him wing at the beginning of last year with Ladd and Lowry. Never took off cuz Ladd got injured preseason and Lowry softmore slumped

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
We almost played him wing at the beginning of last year with Ladd and Lowry. Never took off cuz Ladd got injured preseason and Lowry softmore slumped

I wouldn't consider playing half of the first pre-season game "almost playing Little at the wing"

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
As a neutral outside fan, I can say Bryan Little is heavily underrated. Guy is a point producer as well as a solid defensive player. He's not your prototypical #1C but he's easily in the Top30. He can do it with skilled linemates and grinders as has been shown before Jets got somewhat decent forward corps like when they first got to WPG.
If the Jets were to deal him it would signify that they are going full investment with Scheiff as their #1C and point producer. They'd IMHO look at a 2C who is a lefty with good defensive game to match Little's but can play more of a shutdown role. Or obviously their long waited 1/2 LHD.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Always liked his game. If he could shift to wing with 87 or 71, Id be down to send quite a bit Winnipeg's way.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
We're salty because you are always in there trying to tell us how lowsy this player of ours is (ie, Trouba) or that (name any Jet player & you probably have slammed him), and you really have no frickken clue. Stat watcher and not a very good one at that.

im no stat watcher. Believe what u want i guess. Btw, if this helps, Ive always believed Laine will be the best player of that draft, better than Matthews. The jets possibly have one of the best upcoming players in the NHL. And also I also defended Scheifelle when flames fans were saying Monahan is better. I argued Scheiffele is better due to several reasons. Im just not a fan of Trouba and his contract demands, nothing personal on the jets. And I still think they are like 1 year away from competing in the west.
I mean if you dont like the last 2 things ive said, you could argue otherwise or just ignore it.
With that being said, i think they have one of the best futures in the NHL once they can fix their D core in the long run.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I would not swap Kadri for Little (lateral move) and certainly not include Dermott to do it.

Winnipeg has no reason to swap Little for Kadri (lateral move).

:laugh: Can you please tell the rest of the hockey world how these 2 players are even close ? I guess if they were on the same team Kadri could come close to little when he passed him the water bottle .

We see posting all the time saying this is the worse OP on HF ever . I say this is one of the Blue , sun shining rose colour glasses day you will ever get . I would bet if you did a poll not 1 person out side of Leafs fans would say Kadri

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
A good 2nd pairing defenceman or an OK goalie.

Since when does an "okay goalie" have the same value of "a good 2nd pairing D" ?

I agree that Little likely holds similar value to a good 2nd pairing D. But I disagree that his value is anywhere near that of "an okay goalie".

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Little is a low-end #1 C. Unless they get a #2C and a top-4 LHD in return, one of whom is expansion-exempt, there's no trade to be made, and no one is giving that up for a low-end #1C.

Maurice stated last training camp that he wanted to try Little back at RW. He had his highest scoring season there. Injuries didn't allow it. It seemed the team was not happy how he matched size wise with the Ducks in the previous 1st round sweep. Coach had really been talking up Adam Lowry around then.

I'm glad I missed that when it happened because I'd have been pissed at Maurice. Little was (going into last season) the clear #1C, who wouldn't supplant Wheeler as the best RW, and Lowry was (despite what most on HF Jets felt) a #4C asked to play as a #3C. Talk about wasting a valuable asset and mismanaging a roster.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Centers are much more valuable than wingers. He's a legit C, who is no worse than a #2 C on a top contender. His highest trade value is as a C.

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
Since when does an "okay goalie" have the same value of "a good 2nd pairing D" ?

I agree that Little likely holds similar value to a good 2nd pairing D. But I disagree that his value is anywhere near that of "an okay goalie".

We probably have different definitions of what an OK goalie is. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad