Value of: Value 5th overall pick??

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Just curious why did you qualify it as, if we sell high on him it will be to another Canadian team?
While I admit it is not written in stone, LaF would have highest marketing value to Canada, esp local Quebec, so
MON
OTT
TOR
in that order then also Jets/Flames/'nucks/Oilers

think of it this way
you are the Red Sox, almost any way to get Joe DiMaggio, you do it
likewise,
you are the Yankees, almost any way to get Ted Williams, you do it
NOW
maybe you don't do DiMaggio for Williams
but could see multiple other pieces for Williams hurting but worthwhile to do both sides

Habs have MANY D
overpayment in that currency for a stud D makes sense, and also for Rs b'c it helps where there is a temp shortage and we have Ottmann to replace

that's why

Completely delusional
disagree, complete over discount of LaF

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Hab fans have convinced themselves zegras is a hot headed locker room cancer 1 dimensional .50ppg player incapable of change based on the first 12 games of this season. Also all he can do is Michigan

Please don’t bring any sort of logic into an argument against it, and please ignore his stats when he returned from injury
Im a habs fan and I think zegras is worth way more than Mercer or Frost. Trading the habs pick for Zegras wouldn't upset me even if I think it's not what they should do. But trading the pick for Mercer or Frost would be a disaster imo

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
While I admit it is not written in stone, LaF would have highest marketing value to Canada, esp local Quebec, so
MON
OTT
TOR

think of it this way
likewise,
NOW
but could see multiple other pieces for Williams hurting but worthwhile to do both sides

Habs have MANY D
overpayment in that currency for a stud D makes sense, and also for Rs b'c it helps where there is a temp shortage and we have Ottmann to replace

that's why

disagree, complete over discount of LaF

I'll let other Canadian fans comment on their own teams, if you think any team other then MAYBE Habs or Sens cares two licks about a French player your wrong. Not going to get into political subjects here or French vs English in Canada, but being French in western Canada adds ZERO value to a player.

PS, I asked the question bc I suspected I knew your reasoning and its so silly I had to call it out as what it is.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
MON
OTT
TOR

think of it this way
likewise,
NOW

Habs have MANY D

that's why

Bunch on nonsensical nonsense my man. Pretend marketing reasons doesn’t mean you can try to rip off teams.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
alternate to keeping d and trading pick [for F help]

LaF could be had imo but requires overpay. he is excellent 5x5, signif part of best 5x5 line in NHL, short term not crazy $$$, etc

You don't HAVE TO go LaF, but if you do,
You have to bite the bullet and pay top $
equal value doesn't cut it, and let's not be hypocrites, we usually don't do = for = value, coke for pepsi
we do trades to get ahead, profit

which brings me to
Guhle + Reinbacher ++
for
LaF + [likely including Lindgren + Jones as stopgaps]

that checks all boxes, keep yr 5OA, draft bpa, and even if Lind + Jo not included, you STILL have lots of D
[also Reinbacher not actually here for another 1.5 yrs, so in terms of immediate roster removal, that would just be Guhle].

Rs would take D help and gamble Othmann can step in
You've been banned from, my eyes forever goodbye

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'll let other Canadian fans comment on their own teams, if you think any team other then MAYBE Habs or Sens cares two licks about a French player your wrong. Not going to get into political subjects here or French vs English in Canada, but being French in western Canada adds ZERO value to a player.

PS, I asked the question bc I suspected I knew your reasoning and its so silly I had to call it out as what it is.
Respectfully, you are missing the pt from standpoint of other Canada based teams.

Might not care about French or other ethnic factor as a + or -. On that, I agree it is less passionate for vs compared to those closest to Quebec.
Howev, if any of those other Canada teams poached a stud from a neighbor, it would be a feather in their cap = bragging rights = marketing if the factors involved are intense enuf.

This is true, I suspect not just for Canada intra-competition but also other regions internally competing.
Example: Lindros where he wound up. Philly v. NY
More recently: Panarin choosing Rangers, even tho supposedly isles offered more.

So I respect your right to a dif opinion, but what I said is not entirely irrelevant

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Respectfully, you are missing the pt from standpoint of other Canada based teams.

Might not care about French or other ethnic factor as a + or -. On that, I agree it is less passionate for vs compared to those closest to Quebec.
Howev, if any of those other Canada teams poached a stud from a neighbor, it would be a feather in their cap = bragging rights = marketing if the factors involved are intense enuf.

This is true, I suspect not just for Canada intra-competition but also other regions internally competing.
More recently: Panarin choosing Rangers, even tho supposedly isles offered more.

So I respect your right to a dif opinion, but what I said is not entirely irrelevant
CAD team dont care about that they all make tons of $

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
b'c it speaks to erroneous gross undervaluing of LaF

fine

then no LaF for Habs, if we sell him high it will likely be to another Canada based team, and MON may rue missing their chance

worst case for Rs, we are happy to keep productive->emerging LaF, who would only be moved for signif overpay

How am I undervaluing Laf by saying NYR would reject the deal because it's lopsided towards the Habs?

Reactions: HuGo Sham

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How am I undervaluing Laf by saying NYR would reject the deal because it's lopsided towards the Habs?.

I am losing track here.
My prop seeks selling LaF for top $ in currency useful to Rs.
So NY would not reject THAT deal

Your prop surrendered LaF for a lot less.
Rs would reject that.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I am losing track here.

Rs would reject that.
Your not getting reinbacher and guhle for laf
That’s what you’re missing. You want to rip off in pretend trades and not be even close to anything reality based.
Not sure how it’s hard for you to see or understand that.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

No difference from any team vs any other team it has nothing to do with national borders or ethic background, only point I would agree on and has zero ethic factor is trading for a player another div or conference team wanted so your getting him and not others. But that has zero to do with ethic background. Has nothing to do with French vs English vs any other ethic background.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
All of the above grossly, inaccurately discount LaF
Guhle NOT >>>> LaF
LaF commands both Guhle + Reinbacher

if we are not on the same pg there, fine, agree to disagree
but no deal
So Laf, is worth both Guhle and reinbacher?
obviously no deal. wow.
that's an insane payment from the habs

Hab fans have convinced themselves zegras is a hot headed locker room cancer 1 dimensional .50ppg player incapable of change based on the first 12 games of this season. Also all he can do is Michigan

Please don’t bring any sort of logic into an argument against it, and please ignore his stats when he returned from injury
so why are always skulking around and then posting on our trade board if this is you're feeling about habs fans? seems hypocritical, with your troll generalizations

Reactions: viceroy

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
5th overall for Marner lol.
No. doesn't fit into rebuild timeline based on his age.
doesn't fit into culture habs are trying to build or type of player they're looking for when it's time to make playoffs.
doesn't fit into salary structure.
we'll keep the 5th and draft a cost-controlled asset for the next 8+ years

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So Laf, is worth both Guhle and reinbacher?
obviously no deal. wow.
that's an insane payment from the habs

so why are always skulking around and then posting on our trade board if this is you're feeling about habs fans? seems hypocritical, with your troll generalizations
I like to try to educate

Also easier to find fans there that are willing to have constructive discussions there, rather than the fans that come around the trade boards.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Lol 😂
Um picks are tough to value…. Specially depending on how badly Montreal needs to address the forward spots

But I could see Anaheim adding to 3rd overall to get winnipegs 1st, not sure Montreal needs but does something like

Max Jones + 3rd overall + 3rd rounder
For
5th + jets 1st
now you're making sense
;)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I am losing track here.

Rs would reject that.
What proposal? I made no proposal in that thread.

I responded to a proposal by saying I'd easily accept 5th+Barron for Lafreniere + Schneider from the Habs side and that NYR would say no.

If anything, I'm on your side by saying that proposal undervalues Lafreniere.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I think its pretty fair at least conversation starter(only reason i threw jones in there is because i dont think he fits here anymore and i saw montreal fan talking about his value)
I like Zegras but based on what I'm seeing in these playoffs I'd like them to use the pick - wether it's 3 or 5 and target Lindstrom. I know Demidov is a darling among lots of habs fans, but I don't think they'll draft him. I think it's Lindstrom or Iginla - but I also thought they were taking Wright and Leonard so what the f*** do I know?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad