For

22 year old top 6 winger

That's insanity.

Laf is not worth a top5 pick tho.

Barron + 5th
For
Laf + Schneider

Is the only deal making sense for Habs

That would be an instant yes for me, which leads me to believe it would be a no from NYR.

That's Bern. I read half the post without looking at who posted it. got to the actual proposal and immediately knew who the author was. He's delusional, always.

Counter offer
Guhle vs Laf + Perreault

You don't have to go Guhle, but if you do, you have to bite the bullet and pay to $

So? Has he done it? A swer is no.

As of now he is a 0.5ppg winger in a great team.

5th OA >> Laf

What are Rangers sending our way for us to accept? Needs to be a top prospect. Not Jones, not a bottom pairing D like Lindgren, a top prospect.
All of the above grossly, inaccurately discount LaF
Guhle NOT >>>> LaF
LaF commands both Guhle + Reinbacher

if we are not on the same pg there, fine, agree to disagree
but no deal

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Montreal can’t afford to trade Guhle. Reinbacher is tempting but he’s already NHL ready and we need help on the right side now.

Why don’t you just take 5OA for Lafreniere and draft one of the top D?
1. b'c insufficient return.
LaF worth more than Rein alone esp since he is 1.5 yrs away

2. We would want Guhle now, not a guy we draft develop 2-ish min yrs likely away

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That's Bern. I read half the post without looking at who posted it. got to the actual proposal and immediately knew who the author was. He's delusional, always.
make no apologies for not capitulating to opposing demands seeking irrational returns, either seeking excessive, not acceptable, overpayment, and/or excessively discounting R players

can you retort w/o slinging mud?
Or is that beyond your capacity?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
All of the above grossly, inaccurately discount LaF
Guhle NOT >>>> LaF
LaF commands both Guhle + Reinbacher

if we are not on the same pg there, fine, agree to disagree
but no deal

Why is my post in there?

Unless you think NYR would say yes to 5th+Barron for Laf+Schneider?

Reactions: HabsAddict

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So? Has he done it? A swer is no.

As of now he is a 0.5ppg winger in a great team.

5th OA >> Laf

What are Rangers sending our way for us to accept? Needs to be a top prospect. Not Jones, not a bottom pairing D like Lindgren, a top prospect.
Laf just got one the best ES season for a forward in the league. The two times I’ve seen him live this year he was dominent. Maybe you should do more live watching and less stats watching.
1. b'c insufficient return.
LaF worth more than Rein alone esp since he is 1.5 yrs away

2. We would want Guhle now, not a guy we draft develop 2-ish min yrs likely away
Reinbacher is NHL ready. You’re not getting potentially two top pair D for a winger. That’s just not going to happen. Montreal also wouldn’t do Guhle for Laf straight up for the simple reason that they can’t afford to trade Guhle.

I also see very little upside to Reinbacher+ for Laf.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Laf just got one the best ES season for a forward in the league. The two times I’ve seen him live this year he was dominent. Maybe you should do more live watching and less stats watching.

Reinbacher is NHL ready. You’re not getting potentially two top pair D for a winger. That’s just not going to happen. Montreal also wouldn’t do Guhle for Laf straight up for the simple reason that they can’t afford to trade Guhle.

I also see very little upside to Reinbacher+ for Laf.
Laf also play with Panarin who have 76 es pts and Trocheck who have 53 es pts. All time high for him at 30y because he play with Panarin. His es stats are clearly inflated. Good he turned his career around but he is not a ppg at all yet

Last edited:

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I think something around
Ducks pick (post lottery 3-5)
For
Montreal pick(5-7) +

Could make sense, if levshunov is gone at 2

-Ducks trade down to get a dmen
-Montreal ensures they get 1 of Demidov/lindstrom
Would love this add Winnipegs pick or wtv it takes but i would move up to grab Demidov we have enough defs and no elite forwards aside from maybe Slaf

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would love this add Winnipegs pick or wtv it takes but i would move up to grab Demidov we have enough defs and no elite forwards aside from maybe Slaf

I think it solves montreals need for a top 6 player with elite upside(albeit at least a year away)

Anaheim still gets the piece they want/need, and adds another asset to trade for more roster build pieces or move up at the draft.

And if the Canadians get Demidov we prob don’t have to see anymore zegras chatter

It’s a win win win

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
I think it solves montreals need for a top 6 player with elite upside(albeit at least a year away)

Anaheim still gets the piece they want/need, and adds another asset to trade for more roster build pieces or move up at the draft.

And if the Canadians get Demidov we prob don’t have to see anymore zegras chatter

It’s a win win win
It' something that could work. Depend on who's still on board and what the + is

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It' something that could work. Depend on who's still on board and what the + is
Ya it’s assuming levshunov is taken at 2…. So that means lindstrom/demidoc would still be there(if pick is at 3), and at least 1 if the pick is at 4)

If both are gone at 5 then the trade doesn’t make a ton of sense for either team… ducks just take whatever dmen they want…. And Canadians prob take catton and call it a day

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

It’s a win win win
Yes we definitely need talent up front im curious on the price to move up 2 spots that high im guessing COL’s 2nd woudlnt be enough but woudlnt the Jets 1st be too much ? And i would still love to also add Z If we can :laugh:

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Demidov
Caufield - Dach - Zegras

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yes we definitely need talent up front im curious on the price to move up 2 spots that high im guessing COL’s 2nd woudlnt be enough but woudlnt the Jets 1st be too much ? And i would still love to also add Z If we can :laugh:

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Demidov
Caufield - Dach - Zegras
Lol 😂
Um picks are tough to value…. Specially depending on how badly Montreal needs to address the forward spots

But I could see Anaheim adding to 3rd overall to get winnipegs 1st, not sure Montreal needs but does something like

Max Jones + 3rd overall + 3rd rounder
For
5th + jets 1st

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
alternate to keeping d and trading pick [for F help]

LaF could be had imo but requires overpay. he is excellent 5x5, signif part of best 5x5 line in NHL, short term not crazy $$$, etc

You don't HAVE TO go LaF, but if you do,
You have to bite the bullet and pay top $
equal value doesn't cut it, and let's not be hypocrites, we usually don't do = for = value, coke for pepsi
we do trades to get ahead, profit

which brings me to
Guhle + Reinbacher ++
for
LaF + [likely including Lindgren + Jones as stopgaps]

that checks all boxes, keep yr 5OA, draft bpa, and even if Lind + Jo not included, you STILL have lots of D
[also Reinbacher not actually here for another 1.5 yrs, so in terms of immediate roster removal, that would just be Guhle].

Rs would take D help and gamble Othmann can step in
Neither team does this. Rangers aren't moving Laf after he finally looked good. Montreal isn't giving up 2 defenders they're high on for a player who finally showed promise playing with Trocheck and Panarin. Only you do this.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
alternate to keeping d and trading pick [for F help]

LaF could be had imo but requires overpay. he is excellent 5x5, signif part of best 5x5 line in NHL, short term not crazy $$$, etc

You don't HAVE TO go LaF, but if you do,
You have to bite the bullet and pay top $
equal value doesn't cut it, and let's not be hypocrites, we usually don't do = for = value, coke for pepsi
we do trades to get ahead, profit

which brings me to
Guhle + Reinbacher ++
for
LaF + [likely including Lindgren + Jones as stopgaps]

that checks all boxes, keep yr 5OA, draft bpa, and even if Lind + Jo not included, you STILL have lots of D
[also Reinbacher not actually here for another 1.5 yrs, so in terms of immediate roster removal, that would just be Guhle].

Rs would take D help and gamble Othmann can step in
We not moving those players

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Very hard fit to find that makes sense for the Habs and any other team IMO

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why is my post in there?

Unless you think NYR would say yes to 5th+Barron for Laf+Schneider?
b'c it speaks to erroneous gross undervaluing of LaF

We not moving those players
fine

then no LaF for Habs, if we sell him high it will likely be to another Canada based team, and MON may rue missing their chance

worst case for Rs, we are happy to keep productive->emerging LaF, who would only be moved for signif overpay

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
I'd offer it for Mercer, Z, Frost or equivilant. If that fails, then BPA defenseman, develop him and see who amongst the overflow of defenseman can be traded.

This is a critical junction were we get out of rebuild next year or add a few more.
I'm not sure what I'm more puzzled by. That a Habs fan would trade a top 5 pick for Frost or Mercer or that you think Frost or Mercer are in the same ballpark value-wise as Zegras.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
b'c it speaks to erroneous gross undervaluing of LaF

fine

then no LaF for Habs, if we sell him high it will likely be to another Canada based team, and MON may rue missing their chance

worst case for Rs, we are happy to keep productive->emerging LaF, who would only be moved for signif overpay

Just curious why did you qualify it as, if we sell high on him it will be to another Canadian team?

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Montreal is stacked on defense. If top 3 forwards are gone at 5 overall, Montreal GM has stated publicly several times he may move his pick if BPA is a defenseman. Most likely be #1 defenseman like Buium, Dickinson or Parekh. Whichever you perfer?

Wonder what Habs could get for this pick?

If that scenario comes up, then I'm sure Armstrong would be in the discussion, considering how awful our D prospects are right now.

I would imagine something like Kyrou+ would be on the table. Not sure if that's what Montreal would want.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Guhle > Laf
reinbacher >>>>>>>>> Jones
Lindgren is a #6 like Savard

Why the F Habs do this?
also...
LaF is best player currently in this deal AINEC
sure, Guhle, Rein can have still higher ceilings than presently estimated

but currently + projected LaF, who was rated "best 1OA since MacKinnon who is not a generational player" [or to that effect if not verbatim quote] has highest ceiling

Lindgren defrays very slightly far superior Guhle
ditto Jones to Reinb.
But these, and further concessions, are what is paid to get LaF

til tom peeps
til tom

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm not sure what I'm more puzzled by. That a Habs fan would trade a top 5 pick for Frost or Mercer or that you think Frost or Mercer are in the same ballpark value-wise as Zegras.
Hab fans have convinced themselves zegras is a hot headed locker room cancer 1 dimensional .50ppg player incapable of change based on the first 12 games of this season. Also all he can do is Michigan

Please don’t bring any sort of logic into an argument against it, and please ignore his stats when he returned from injury

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4