Value of: Valteri Fillpula

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Don't see why anyone would trade for him unless TB sweetens the pot to take his overpaid self off their hands, as he's on the decline and has a NMC.

Not to mention if someone wanted a smaller scoring vet, they could just sign Hudler.

How is he overpaid and on the decline? As a 2/3C 5mil is about right. His point production has declined but that's more to do with him taking less shots and his shooting % going down. His play definitely hasn't declined as he's just as good as when we got him, we just have other options now so he's movable. We'd be a better team with him so we aren't adding a 1st to him so he goes away, we can also keep him this year as we aren't desperate to move him.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I think other posters are right. He has some value but the pot might need to be sweetened.

Not to sound Homer. ... but Polak could be a guy Tampa needs. Toronto doesn't need Fillpula either, but I see a deal like that including other pieces.

What if Tampa had bozak @ 4.2, komerov @2.95 and Polak @ 2.25 for fillpula namestnikov and nesterov

My argument is Tampa wants fillpula gone. Bozak saves them some money. Komerov could be the playoff piece Tampa needs to go along with Boyle. And Polak is a beast on D.

Tampa gets bozak who is comparable to fillpula at a discount.

Tampa can keep Drouin next year as Polak is only on a one year deal.

Leafs need some D even if it is nesterov

And namestnikov can help the leafs and Tampa in cap relief next year.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
I think other posters are right. He has some value but the pot might need to be sweetened.

Not to sound Homer. ... but Polak could be a guy Tampa needs. Toronto doesn't need Fillpula either, but I see a deal like that including other pieces.

What if Tampa had bozak @ 4.2, komerov @2.95 and Polak @ 2.25 for fillpula namestnikov and nesterov

My argument is Tampa wants fillpula gone. Bozak saves them some money. Komerov could be the playoff piece Tampa needs to go along with Boyle. And Polak is a beast on D.

Tampa gets bozak who is comparable to fillpula at a discount.

Tampa can keep Drouin next year as Polak is only on a one year deal.

Leafs need some D even if it is nesterov

And namestnikov can help the leafs and Tampa in cap relief next year.

No thank you. That deal makes our cap hit even worse this year which we can't afford, we'd still have to move or buy out Bozak next summer, and Namestnikov is cheaper, better, and younger than Komarov. Your proposed deal does have the advantage of Bozak being exposable in the expansion draft, but he's also significantly more expensive to buy out so if we can't move him it makes our cap situation worse next summer as well. And Namestnikov is needed to replace Filppula and potentially even Johnson going forward; with Komarov being an older, lower quality, and more expensive replacement who may need to be replaced himself in short order if just doesn't make any sense for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad