Value of: Valteri Fillpula

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I would like to bring him in to replace Nielsen, he has a really good contract for the way the Islanders are structured. But if we have to protect him in the expansion draft then forget it.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
If Edmonton moves a forward this summer I'd like to bring him in as a guy to play with and mentor Puljujarvi. Not sure what I'd be willing to give up though, having to protect him in expansion would lower his value imo.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I would think his value would be considered low being at this point more of a salary dump (only in the eyes of stevie y)

Buff? Van?

Hush

Jan 28, 2013
Come back to Detroit. You have have 2 of Frk/Callahan/Sproul.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Great on the penalty kill, good defensively, can get you some assists but won't score many goals for you. If not for his NMC I'd say he'd be easy to move with either a little retention on our part or a minimal return coming back our way, but nobody with any depth at forward is going to want to protect him in the expansion draft so that pretty much kills our chances of trading him without packaging him with some sort of incentive.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
If Edmonton moves a forward this summer I'd like to bring him in as a guy to play with and mentor Puljujarvi. Not sure what I'd be willing to give up though, having to protect him in expansion would lower his value imo.

Edm won't take him unless he agrees to waive his NMC for expansion.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
With his NMC (a must to be protected in the upcoming Expansion Draft), current contract and declining production... IMO, he is worthless.

IF, he agrees to waive his NMC and the Lightning are adding their 1st then he is movable.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
I would think his value would be considered low being at this point more of a salary dump (only in the eyes of stevie y)

Yeah, we need cap space so badly that I don't think the return is even a matter of concern for us. If we can clear his contract without retaining and without giving up a roster player or one of our top prospects as incentive we'll be ecstatic.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
With his NMC (a must to be protected in the upcoming Expansion Draft), current contract and declining production... IMO, he is worthless.

IF, he agrees to waive his NMC and the Lightning are adding their 1st then he is movable.

does he have a NMC or is it a NTC?

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
IMHO, for any team to have a serious interest in him, he would have to terminate the NMC that is attached to his contract due to the upcoming expansion draft or maybe ARI ot TOR for little value

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I'd say Wideman straight across. No cap savings, but I keep hearing that Tampa needs a RH puck mover. He'd probably waive for Tampa. I don't think the Flames would particularly care about protecting him or not next summer either.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
So what is his value? A 2nd + 3rd? Medium prospect + mid pick? He's a fishy player to me and should have thrived in Tampa just like he did in det behind D n Z.

Imo not a terrible contract but he reminds me of Neilson. So if that's the case a bargain....and for a cheap return

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Isn't hockey funny these days... Detroit let's fillpula go and he signs for 5 @5. But now they got Neilson for 6 @ 5.25

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
does he have a NMC or is it a NTC?

He has a full NMC.

His value is basically nothing unless Tampa is adding because he has to be protected.

I don't think he even waives his NMC to leave Tampa in the first place. Why would he? There's only so many landing spots because of the mandatory protection, and then hes going to waive it again potentially for Vegas? Nah.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Come back to Detroit. You have have 2 of Frk/Callahan/Sproul.

Eww, no. Detroit does not need Filppula back. He's such a tease of a hockey player - always showed off a ton of skill but never walked the walk in the end. Maddeningly inconsistent. Only time he made an impact in Detroit was on the wing when the team was stacked. Even worse at his price. A huge, fat "no" over here.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Isn't hockey funny these days... Detroit let's fillpula go and he signs for 5 @5. But now they got Neilson for 6 @ 5.25

Filppula was on pace for 34 points when he played for the Wings. He was inconsistent and soft. He's one of the few players I was actually happy to see go. The only time he was an impact guy was when he was deployed on the wing.

I don't like the Nielsen signing at all, but in a vacuum, Nielsen is a much better player.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
He has a full NMC.

His value is basically nothing unless Tampa is adding because he has to be protected.

I don't think he even waives his NMC to leave Tampa in the first place. Why would he? There's only so many landing spots because of the mandatory protection, and then hes going to waive it again potentially for Vegas? Nah.

I think it's modified somehow.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Really cheap considering the Lightning cap situation, they can't take any salary back.

Mad Brills*

a late 1st with him assuming no salary retained isn't crazy right, for a 3rd back?

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Don't see why anyone would trade for him unless TB sweetens the pot to take his overpaid self off their hands, as he's on the decline and has a NMC.

Not to mention if someone wanted a smaller scoring vet, they could just sign Hudler.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Don't see why anyone would trade for him unless TB sweetens the pot to take his overpaid self off their hands, as he's on the decline and has a NMC.

Not to mention if someone wanted a smaller scoring vet, they could just sign Hudler.

Filppula is very different then Hudler, Filppula can play a solid two-way game, while Hudler can't. Hudler may put up more points, but that's about it.

Although I agree, Tampa would have to include something to move him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad