Speculation: Valeri Nichushkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Amazing

Oct 5, 2017
The Avs will keep him he was doing real good until the suspension besides the Avs will probably get something good for Val if traded just the way luck works sometimes go Avs go :cool:.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He’s comin back, and he’s gonna be amazing like he always is. Moralizing dweebs will clutch pearls about it on a message board. He might screw up again, and if he does, he’ll be gone for good, I imagine. Last chance. Unfortunate spot for the Avs to be in, but I’m rooting for him to turn it around for real this time. Who am I to say he can’t?
I'm not moralizing, but Nuke probably shut the Avs window on this roster.

They are relying on Landy and Nuke this season and neither you nor I believe those two will be playing effective hockey for the Avs come mid May 2025.

Don't see how the Avs are a contender this year with $13.1MM of wasted cap space on two 1st line forwards that won't be playing for much if any of the playoffs.

Once both of them are LTIR or otherwise off the books, next summer could see the Avs make a few moves to jump back into contention status. But this season is probably going no where other 2nd round exit with a whimper. It's what I like to call, "the Bednar".

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
The guy is an incredible player worth well north of his $6.1MM AAV, but he's unmovable due to his status in stage 3 of the program and a one strike and you're out standing in the NHL.
Idk about unmovable. In the last six months we’ve seen multiple players with worse contracts (Kuznetsov, Laine) traded fresh out of the player assistance program.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad