Raptors Discussion: v97 Raptor's 2023-2024 Season complete - 19th and 31st overall picks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Keep or Trade - Siakam

• Trade

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • Re-Sign

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
For what?
I don't know what they will trade it for, but I expect that when teams see a 1st round talent available in the 2nd round, they will call. It could be a team like Indy (with 3 2nds and difficulty finding roster spots for them). It could be an additional piece in a trade (since the Raps could essentially be trading a 1st round talent without 1st round contract restrictions).

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
45 also to the Raps in the deal for taking on money.

Right now, the Raps theoretically have a full lineup, but should be targeting a PF in free agency. This opens up picks 31 and 45 to more developmental players (or to be traded)
45 has Comche written all over it.
Edit to add: Couple of interesting guys who might be fits in the system, maybe a Euro coach helps Vezenkov find his groove.
The salaries are way off, so I presume this involves a TPE. 45 seems like light compensation for taking on 7.5mil’ish

Last edited:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
100% support this plan

Honestly, with the short term draft work done, I wouldn't be horribly offended with Bronny and Chomche
I’m not keen on Bronny myself, but Flip is almost too good to pass up on. He’s a good fit, in what would be a good mentor spot for him. There’s also a few wings/tweeners who might be there at 45, and Bona/Dunphy/Kolek still on the board for 31, so I’m guessing wing and C between the two picks.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Jonathon Mogbo.
Energizer bunny. On crack.
Long arms, 3/4, attacks the rim, no shot, good story, total Masai guy.
Should be able to play sone minutes, as a D/intensity kinda guy.
Edit to add: has pretty good handles and vision; was a 5’7 guard in high school who’s grown a foot since.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
What a f***ing trade by Masai and co! We got Portland’s 2025 second pick also in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. It’s going to be around #31-#35. Love the trade. I think Raptors take Chomche at #45. He’s considered the best prospect out of Cameroon since Embiid. Generational talent

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
What a f***ing trade by Masai and co! We got Portland’s 2025 second pick also in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. It’s going to be around #31-#35. Love the trade. I think Raptors take Chomche at #45. He’s considered the best prospect out of Cameroon since Embiid. Generational talent

Solid trade. Mitchell, Walker, Quickley, Barrett ... don't see much need fof Trent Jr and or Brown.

Vezenkov is a nice throw in, we take back the higher cap hits but are compensates for it with some potential, guys that can play because McDaniels can't and an extra pick. Nice win.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario

At first I was a little upset they passed on him, thought he would be good value as the big slider of the 1st round. If that story is true we dodged a massive bullet, would not want to deal with that incoming shitstorm. Something that all the Draft Rankings people wouldn't know but GMs in interviews would have been putting massive Red Flags on him

I wonder if he even gets drafted if not for Utah having a team.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Hopefully, Toronto grabs a 5th starter in free agency.

If they develop, Shead Walter Dick Olynyk Mogbo could be a fun Mob 2.0

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I swear I just saw some rumbling that said the Lakers are taking Bronny James with their upcoming pick (after the current pick on the clock, Boston)

Because of course. And LeBron will go on and on about how this wasn't him and he had no idea and Bronny earned it on merit because he's great.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I swear I just saw some rumbling that said the Lakers are taking Bronny James with their upcoming pick (after the current pick on the clock, Boston)

Because of course. And LeBron will go on and on about how this wasn't him and he had no idea and Bronny earned it on merit because he's great.
La will

Bronny only wants to be in LA, blah blah blah.

For the record, the Lakers might be the absolute worst team for his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad