Raptors Discussion: v97 Raptor's 2023-2024 Season complete - 19th and 31st overall picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Keep or Trade - Siakam

• Trade

Votes: 63 90.0%
  • Re-Sign

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Koloko leaving is a reminder to Raps that this is a business. Not a franchise that has a sole purpose of maximizing player earning potential. Put the team's interests first. Otherwise, get someone in charge who will.

Reactions: thewave

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
With Rogers having majority interest now, I'd expect Ujiri won't last beyond current contract, likely mid-2026.
I disagree wholeheartedly.

If Shapiro is still employed despite the absolute mess that the Jays have been for the past 9 years, then Ujiri should be safe.

In 9 years, the Jays have 4 wild card berths (the first one was running back the team that AA built), have a messy payroll structure and haven't won a playoff game in 8 years.

In contrast, the Raptors have 6 division titles, a 3rd in the conference and a 5th in the conference in 11 years (all would be playoff berths by the MLB model). The last two times the Raptors were swept were by Lebron and the Cavs.

Ale Brew

Feb 24, 2020

If Shapiro is still employed despite the absolute mess that the Jays have been for the past 9 years, then Ujiri should be safe.

In 9 years, the Jays have 4 wild card berths (the first one was running back the team that AA built), have a messy payroll structure and haven't won a playoff game in 8 years.

In contrast, the Raptors have 6 division titles, a 3rd in the conference and a 5th in the conference in 11 years (all would be playoff berths by the MLB model). The last two times the Raptors were swept were by Lebron and the Cavs.
I think he’s referring to a previous report that alleged Ed didn’t want to re-sign Ujiri a couple of years back, but Tanenbaum and the rest of the board overruled him.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think he’s referring to a previous report that alleged Ed didn’t want to re-sign Ujiri a couple of years back, but Tanenbaum and the rest of the board overruled him.

Larry strikes again. Firing him was the right thing to do.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad