Raptors Discussion: v77| Season of Kawhi III: No Kawhi, no problem -or- the death & rebirth of Kyle Lowry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
We have had some great players to observe in Toronto. None better than Kawhi though. This guy is so rounded. We have had a mild winter, but I don't think this guy is going to stay here unfortunately. He seems to be a shorts and sandals type of guy.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Missed the game last night. The scoreline seems much closer than it should have been.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Spent some time last night watching Vince moments on YouTube. My fav would definitely have to be the Duncan poster!

What are peoples favourite Vince moments?

Reactions: donghabs98

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Missed the game last night. The scoreline seems much closer than it should have been.
3 point shooting is no doubt something they need to address. If the Raps had even decent 3 point shooting in the 4th quarter the game wouldn't have been that close.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The idea comes around everytime Vince is in Toronto but should the Raptors bring him back or just move on?

This article made some good points about how having Vince could benefit the young guys and take some media pressure off guys like Lowry.

The Raptors Should Trade for Vince Carter and Bring Him Back to Toronto - VICE Sports

I wanted him back ahead of last season to be a veteran wing on the bench and 3-point shooter.

He's shooting .374 this season on what looks like a 5-year high for attempts per game. Even ignoring that it's a feel-good story and a way for the whole Vince/Raptors story to come full circle, he's an improvement on Miles and assorted G-league call-ups. Hell, he's probably a marginal improvement on Powell as well.

Lowry / VanVleet / Wright
Green / Powell / Carter
Leonard / Anunoby / Carter
Siakam / Rotation* / Boucher
Ibaka/Valanciunas/Monroe

*This would basically be dependent on the lineup, playing any of Kawhi/OG/Ibaka/Carter at the position as you move other players up and down the lineup based on size considerations (Wright/VanVleet at SG off of Lowry or another PG, Green or Powell at SF, etc)

I can't imagine Vince would cost much either given that he's in his 40s, on an expiring deal, and likely has at least earned the right to have some say in what the team does with him. A 2nd and some cash, or maybe one of the G-League guys (Richardson or Lloyd). Maybe they even take a stab at Miles figuring they can right his ship (he has a player option for next season)

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
if they let Vince back ill be done being a raptor. the way he disrespected the city/fan base on his way out.. no chance

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Umm okay?

taking vince back with the way he treated this team is the very culture that Masai is trying to avoid. Are you old enough to remember when he bailed? tanked his trade value and demanded out? Remember when he wasnt gonna dunk anymore? We traded a superstar for duds so he could go to New Jersey.

Ya.. screw him.

Lets bring Chris Bosh back while were at it. Maybe Alonso Mourning will play for us too.

Reactions: Dr.Funk

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
taking vince back with the way he treated this team is the very culture that Masai is trying to avoid. Are you old enough to remember when he bailed? tanked his trade value and demanded out? Remember when he wasnt gonna dunk anymore? We traded a superstar for duds so he could go to New Jersey.

Ya.. screw him.

Lets bring Chris Bosh back while were at it. Maybe Alonso Mourning will play for us too.

I mean, basically every story out there of Vince since the trade talk endlessly about how good of a veteran leader/mentor type he's been and how he's not at all the selfish prima-donna he seemed when he left the Raptors. So I'm pretty sure the whole idea of him being a cancer on the Raptors culture is maybe just a wee bit of an overreaction.

Also this is the same Raptors squad who traded for a guy whose reputation in San Antonio (as witnessed at the game there) imploded in much the same way that Vince's did at the end of his Raptors tenure. And yet Masai seems totally cool with making that move and not expecting Kawhi to strut into the locker room and turn it into a warzone.

So.... I'm thinking maybe you're making a mountain out of a molehill here? It's a long time to hold onto as petty of a grievance as not forgiving a guy for being young and stupid once upon a time. Seriously, let it go. You'll be better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad