Value of: V. Trocheck to Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Hi Panthers fans Carolina is obviously looking for an upgrade at C and with Barkov obviously untouchable a name that interests me a lot from Florida is Trocheck. I think playing in Florida he is underrated around the league and is on a great contract. I'm wondering what you guys value him at? What would it take from Carolina to get a deal done?

You seem near the cap, would you be looking for cost controlled assets? Looking over your roster it looks like Yandle and Ekblad are great but I'm not sure about your depth on defense. Do you need more top 4 dmen? Is there a win/win trade to be made between the clubs?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Slavin would be my pick.

Yes, the Panthers would like to upgrade their D. One of the objective is to make life easier for Yandle so that he isn't the one task with being the "shutdown" dman.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Panther fans absolutely adore their 1-2 of Barkov and Trochek. I can't see them parting with either but if they were to, I would imagine it would have to be a D upgrade and maybe then some?

Reactions: Meeqs

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Canes would have to start with Hamilton or Pesce from a value perspective. However Florida has no reason to move Trocheck, so the cost to pry him away would be a player Carolina does not want to move (Slavin, Aho, etc.).

It wouldnt start with Pesce.
Hamilton+ if they were determined to trade him, which they aren't.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Bad thread should be locked.

He just put up 75 points, he's a young and more-than reliable centerman. This guy is going nowhere. Potential franchise player they have here.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Bad thread should be locked.

C'mon, OP's post was more asking if he was available, what it would take and if there could be a deal to be made. You don't know if you don't ask.

The responses, even from Canes fans, have said there likely isn't. A bad thread would have been proposing a lopsided trade for Trochek and then arguing about it to no end. This has actually been a pretty decent and cordial thread by trade board standards.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Outside Perspective - If he was on my team he would be untouchable unless I was getting a major upgrade that's younger. Produces very well and is signed on a beauty of a contract. Don't get why they'd trade him but it would probably take Aho or maybe Slavin if Borgstrom can take over 2c duties for them.

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Slavin for Trocheck 1 for 1 is fair value. Fight me.
You'd rightfully ask for Slavin if we asked for Trocheck. And we'd rightfully ask for Barkov if you asked for Slavin. Fight me.

I’ll whip ya both!

On one hand, it’s annoying that people ask for guys like Tro; on the other, it’s pretty awesome finally having some guys that others actually really want. Lol

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd argue they're as equal in value as Slavin is to Trochek.

Trocheck is a C who scored 75 points with a 4.75M cap hit.

Slavin isn't even close to Barkov, where as someone could say Trocheck is more valuable than Slavin, and some could say otherwise.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Cmon man, slavin is nowhere near Barkov's value. At least be realistic.

Young #1D signed to an amazing contract for a young #1C signed to an amazing contract. Florida doesn’t move Barkov for Slavin, but nothing on Florida come close to either’s value. Top tier talents.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Young #1D signed to an amazing contract for a young #1C signed to an amazing contract. Florida doesn’t move Barkov for Slavin, but nothing on Florida come close to either’s value. Top tier talents.
Your only comparing their contracts. One is a PPG elite, selke caliber center, the other is a #1 man for the canes and maybe a few couple other teams. Slavin is good, but he is not close to Barkov's value. Anyone with sense would tell you that. Trocheck is closer to Slavin than Slavin is to Barkov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad