Utah team name polling opens, list of potential names revealed

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
images
This was my favorite game. First thing I thought when the name Squall name up lol

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Outlaws sounds the best. Venom would be cool too. Could have a spider or a snake as the logo.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Frost, Ice, Powder, Freeze, Mammoth, Blast, Caribou, Blizzard, Swarm, Hive, Squall, Fury, Glaciers, Canyons, and Venom are among the most pitiful ideas I have ever heard for a team name. Why not Utah Pow! or Utah Family Fun

Black Diamonds is the strongest idea of this bunch since they somehow didn't pluralize Yeti, but even that is pretty weak. They could go Utah HC too. But .... blech this is brutal

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
They've got the Jazz, so why not stick with the music theme...

How about the Utah Rock for the hockey team?

And if they ever land an MLB team, they can all them the Utah Adult Contemporary

Reactions: Puckrobber

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Since when do herds of caribou live in Utah? Did they import some from the tundra?

Bighorn sheep, mountain goats, elk, cougars, mule deer...sure. But "caribou" is like they purposely decided to include an animal that in no way is associated with Utah or generically evokes a certain strength and fierceness like "tigers".

Of course Utah, a land-locked state, has as its State bird the....California Seagull, so maybe why not caribou I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad