Utah STH 24-25

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
No STH in the end zones with partial views.
Yeah I'll be curious to see how they manage that. I'll see if I can ask one of the reps about it when I go in this week to tour everything.

I assume it will be a big discount so they want to sell as many of the full view seats first before opening it up

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My guess is that some of the obstructed seats are because they are "out" far enough that up to 30% of zone closest to seats cannot be seen. No goals, crease battles (but fine at the other end). (Because basketball court is smaller than ice rink)

The could "move" sections back to allow for better sightlines if there is space enough in concourse. I have not seen details of the plan to making more seats unobstructed.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
I still do not understand how the renovation will be done. Are they knocking down the walls?
I'm assuming that, just like a house, when you take down vertical supports, you just have to replace it horizontal beams that can carry the load. I would assume some kind of cantilevered system of reinforcement with concrete being repoured.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
My guess is that some of the obstructed seats are because they are "out" far enough that up to 30% of zone closest to seats cannot be seen. No goals, crease battles (but fine at the other end). (Because basketball court is smaller than ice rink)

The could "move" sections back to allow for better sightlines if there is space enough in concourse. I have not seen details of the plan to making more seats unobstructed.
They haven't released any details that I'm aware of. One thing to call out that seems to be misunderstood due to the chaos that was this move is that the plan to build a new arena was scrapped and the money and sales tax increase will now be going toward a downtown development project (not finalized but in the works) along with major renovations to Delta to accommodate the team. All of that is obviously subject to change as Smith works with local government to push plans through. There has already been major public pushback on some initial ideas presented that would have resulted in the removal of a symphony hall. Smith and the local government do not want to leave downtown and as of right now there is no land available that could accommodate a new arena

The issue for sightlines is exactly that. The stadium is built for basketball and the ice doesn't fit. Currently they have bleachers behind both goals that are pushed back to accommodate the ice leading to only having about 6-8 rows in the lower bowl available.

There is a picture on Reddit that showed the set up from the open house they are hosting this week where you can see the issue.

No clue how they are going to fix this but apparently there are some ideas/plans in the works to do it over the next 3-4 years.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
They were upfront about there being a few thousand bad seats, have labeled them clearly as bad seats, and have a plan to reduce the number of bad seats over the next couple years.

The only way there is anyone upset by this is if they weren't paying attention or are obviously pushing an agenda.

Also, pretty obvious red meat article to appeal to Utah doubters. Mullett had a higher percentage of good seats, but the number that Delta has that the author poo-pooed was double that. Not to mention that citing a whopping three unnamed hockey fans on Twitter is peak lazy journalism. A goon could drop kick an opponent in a game and you'd find a few dozen numbskulls calling that a good old-fashioned hockey play. Pretty easy to find support for literally anything on that site.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
They were upfront about there being a few thousand bad seats, have labeled them clearly as bad seats, and have a plan to reduce the number of bad seats over the next couple years.

The only way there is anyone upset by this is if they weren't paying attention or are obviously pushing an agenda.

Also, pretty obvious red meat article to appeal to Utah doubters. Mullett had a higher percentage of good seats, but the number that Delta has that the author poo-pooed was double that. Not to mention that citing a whopping three unnamed hockey fans on Twitter is peak lazy journalism. A goon could drop kick an opponent in a game and you'd find a few dozen numbskulls calling that a good old-fashioned hockey play. Pretty easy to find support for literally anything on that site.

yea there are always a few small vocal group of fans that complain. Even Seattle has those that hate that our arena (CPA) was a rebuild of key arena and refuse to go there cause its "terrible location" despite it being 100% private, connected to our monorail which is connected to our light rail network and gonna get at some point the NBA back.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The craziest stat I've seen is that 90% of those 34,000+ season ticket deposits are from people who are not current Utah Jazz season ticket holders. 60% of that 34k is also people who have not been to the Delta Centre for any sort of event the last year as well. Very interesting.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The craziest stat I've seen is that 90% of those 34,000+ season ticket deposits are from people who are not current Utah Jazz season ticket holders. 60% of that 34k is also people who have not been to the Delta Centre for any sort of event the last year as well. Very interesting.
Can you say...... "ticket brokers"???

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Wouldn't ticket brokers broker Jazz tickets too?

More than likely.

Saw a story a few years ago where ticket brokers will pay people a healthy commission to jump into line and scoop up tickets for them. One particular person they highlighted makes a living off of it.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
More than likely.

Saw a story a few years ago where ticket brokers will pay people a healthy commission to jump into line and scoop up tickets for them. One particular person they highlighted makes a living off of it.
Back in the day, sure - but is that really a thing anymore when ticket sales are all online?

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Can you say...... "ticket brokers"???
Already read a few folks talking about expected resale value they can get on Twitter. From what I'm hearing, Upper bowl full season tickets may be gone as early as Thursday if not sooner.

Sounds like Jazz season ticket holders got priority regardless of deposit timing as well. Have a feeling there are going to be a lot of tickets for sale online once the schedule is released as a gross premium. Utah is the king of people looking to make a quick buck on stuff like this.

Reactions: TheLegend

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Already read a few folks talking about expected resale value they can get on Twitter. From what I'm hearing, Upper bowl full season tickets may be gone as early as Thursday if not sooner.

Sounds like Jazz season ticket holders got priority regardless of deposit timing as well. Have a feeling there are going to be a lot of tickets for sale online once the schedule is released as a gross premium. Utah is the king of people looking to make a quick buck on stuff like this.

They are going to find out that they aren't going to make a big buck. It didn't during seattle's first season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $10,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00