Confirmed with Link: Utah signs G Matt Villalta to 2-year contract (2-way, $775k AAV)

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
What are the odds we lose him to waivers in the fall? He's pretty darn good in the AHL.

I'm guessing low odds because he was so bad in his couple NHL games.

Reactions: Dog

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
What are the odds we lose him to waivers in the fall? He's pretty darn good in the AHL.

I'm guessing low odds because he was so bad in his couple NHL games.
No one is claiming him to keep on their NHL roster. Remember, if you claim someone, you have to keep them up. You don’t get to then stash them on your AHL roster.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
A goalie-less tank team (Flames) could potentially claim him to be their NHL backup. His AHL record suggests he might have a future in the NHL.

Like I said, I think the risk is low, but not zero.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
A goalie-less tank team (Flames) could potentially claim him to be their NHL backup. His AHL record suggests he might have a future in the NHL.

Like I said, I think the risk is low, but not zero.
U think Calgary is going to run with 2 rookie net-minders?

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Vejjie for Bahl?
I was thinking the same thing as soon as that trade went down. Villalta backs up Ingram.

Maybe snag the Van 1st rnd from Calgary also?

Edit: Not sure Veggie holds that value anymore. Also not sure how Bahl actually plays.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I think Flames are fine to roll with Wolf and Vladar.
Wolf is still waiver-exempt and Vejjie has only 1 more season under contract. Time line kinda fits the situation. Still could be an add on for Anderssen trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad