Confirmed Trade: [UTA/NJD] John Marino and 2024 5th (153OA) for 2024 2nd (49OA) and 2025 2nd

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Is John Marino any good?
Defensive d with very limited offense.

Skates well, transitions well. Decent passer. Good positionally.

Not going to physically overpower anyone. Won't make his money on the boards or in front of the net. Doesn't defend the slot pass well, but pretty good one on one defender. Very smart player

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Can't make an evaluation on this move until I see the pesce contract.

In a vaccum, win for Utah fs.

If Pesce takes a sub 6 mill deal, it's great asset management by NJD

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Defensive d with very limited offense.

Skates well, transitions well. Decent passer. Good positionally.

Not going to physically overpower anyone. Won't make his money on the boards or in front of the net. Doesn't defend the slot pass well, but pretty good one on one defender. Very smart player

Sound like an upgraded RHD version of JJ Moser who we just traded. I'm ok with this

Reactions: Prestigeworldwide

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I’m surprised they traded him for picks, guess nobody was offering an interesting enough player
Our prospect pool is pretty barren after the graduations. Getting picks to help the window longer term is smart.

Now play it smart in UFA to fill out the 4th line and a middle 6 winger alongside pesce

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Is John Marino any good?
Very good middle pairing defenseman. We would like to have him back, but it's a numbers game on the back end.

After Hamilton went down he became the defacto #1 RD on the Devils and really struggled in that role. He was also paired with some young players like Kevin Bahl and Luke Hughes who struggled with consistency. He's not a top pairing guy but is a really good 3/4 guy.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It was always gonna be Siegs or Marino gone from NJ, maybe their thought process is a healthy Dougie can shield Siegs better than a young Luke Hughes bringing back Marino to his 22-23 self. I can understand the logic with Marino gone but I would be lying if I didn't say I didn't think he'd bounce back under Keefe

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Our prospect pool is pretty barren after the graduations. Getting picks to help the window longer term is smart.

Now play it smart in UFA to fill out the 4th line and a middle 6 winger alongside pesce
Still need a LHD as well, if they land Dillon and Pesce in free agency that D core looks pretty dang good.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
Sorry dude not the flex you think it is. Plenty of NJ fans expected picks to be returned given he was moved to open cap room. But it’s important for you to act smug and superior for whatever reason so have at it.
No, I just find irony to be funny.

Sorry for hitting a very sensitive chord.

Reactions: without

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2