Podcast (Audio) Utah Hockey Team Podcasts

More Cooley

We walk together forever
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2015
Im a huge podcast listener so I thought we might need a thread for Utah hockey podcasts and/or episodes concerning the new team. Obviously because of all the recent relocation drama there’s a number of episodes from 32 Thoughts, The Jeff Marek Show, PHNX Coyotes and other outlets on this subject.

I’ll post links here to those three on Spotify in case new fans wants to listen to them and wants to indulge. More to come.

Feel free to add more podcasts and episodes as time goes by!

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

This is likely temporary, consider it like your Gambo or Wolf one.. they don’t know too much about hockey.. they are likely all things Jazz , but right now Yotes are the thing

Im a huge podcast listener so I thought we might need a thread for Utah hockey podcasts and/or episodes concerning the new team. Obviously because of all the recent relocation drama there’s a number of episodes from 32 Thoughts, The Jeff Marek Show, PHNX Coyotes and other outlets on this subject.

I’ll post links here to those three on Spotify in case new fans wants to listen to them and wants to indulge. More to come.

Feel free to add more podcasts and episodes as time goes

Good call.. was about to ask for a UTAH that we could follow during the before the draft etc..

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
It was very bad at the beginning. It’s still painful even now. Sadly, it’s better than some of the true Utah podcasts I’ve been sampling. My podcasts would be horrible so at least they’re trying.

I’m sure Utah coverage will get better once rules, etc aren’t having to be painfully explained ever second by people who also just learned them.

It may take a bit of time for new Utah fans to find this site also. Until then we converts will keep it going.

I have a new respect for the Winnipeg (1.0) fans that had to endure the new PHX fans in 1996. Now we just need to not be bitter aholes like some of them were.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I have enjoyed the KSL Sports Zone with Hans and Scotty G. They are very humble about their lack of hockey knowledge quite contrary to the Gambo type experience.

I have a concern though. They recently brought in a gentleman named Jay Stevens and described him as a NHL Insider. I have often wondered how one becomes a "NHL Insider" as it seems like there should be a test or something. However, in another-wise, decent, interview, Mr. Stevens presented a dated understanding of NHL contracts and salary cap rules. I wouldn't think much of it cuz NHL pundits say stupid things all the time. However, this one bugged a bit more as he was effectively miseducating a likely uneducated or undereducated audience and for that fact, they need to up their game a bit and make sure information is accurate up front.

This is the link to the video/podcast:

In the comments, @Pstar73yo, does a great job presenting accurate information to counter what was presented.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Where is the momentum? They announced the move like 6 weeks ago and all they’ve done is the ticket drive. There needs to be a website, social media, etc. There is tons to talk about. Don’t care if the NHL wants the focus on playoffs. You don’t get that reservation when you give a franchise 4 months to get their shit together.

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
I watched a few episodes of a YouTuber, The Howl (99.6 The Howl). Very small channel but seems dedicated to posting a couple times a week during the season (40-50 shows). Looks like he followed the Coyotes for about a decade.

It's not professional like PHNX Sports (he's just a fan), but I learned a lot about the team watching a few older episodes.

Sites like 'Locked On' are only about making money. I think the only Locked On channel I like is Ottawa - they're big on rating/ranking prospects.

Reactions: Summer Rose

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I watched a few episodes of a YouTuber, The Howl (99.6 The Howl). Very small channel but seems dedicated to posting a couple times a week during the season (40-50 shows). Looks like he followed the Coyotes for about a decade.

It's not professional like PHNX Sports (he's just a fan), but I learned a lot about the team watching a few older episodes.

Sites like 'Locked On' are only about making money. I think the only Locked On channel I like is Ottawa - they're big on rating/ranking prospects.
I have watched and am subscribed to that Youtube channel. He does a great job compiling data on prospects, it's pretty surface level but real good.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Where is the momentum? They announced the move like 6 weeks ago and all they’ve done is the ticket drive. There needs to be a website, social media, etc. There is tons to talk about. Don’t care if the NHL wants the focus on playoffs. You don’t get that reservation when you give a franchise 4 months to get their shit together.
They’ve drug their feet on the name and the brand and these are downstream consequences. They could’ve had the name issue sewed up two weeks ago. Once they had the list of 20 names there was no reason to drag feet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad