Utah Hockey Club unveils brand for inaugural season, launches social media

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I thought they were getting an NHL team? This looks like their AHL affiliate lol.

Which is stupid. Everyone seems to want Yeti so call them the Yeti and be done with it.

I don't think it's a bad thing for taking the time to do it right. The team name is permanent and a cornerstone in your branding efforts.

I don't think it's cut and dry compared to the thrasher situation for example when they moved to winnipeg where the jets name had a ton of brand equity behind it already.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Men are more likely to be colorblind than women because the genes that cause color blindness are located on the X chromosome. At birth, males receive an X chromosome from their mother and a Y

Being a painter it really sticks out to me how most men are a tad colorblind
Meanwhile, I have perfect “pitch” with colors. I ace every swatch placement test, and every other color tests I’ve ever taken. ;)

(I’ve been doing digital art since the late 80s when my dad got an Amiga with dpaint, video toaster, lightwave 3d)

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
They probably already has this design scheme ready to go for weeks, if not longer. They just couldn't officially reveal it until the full sale of the franchise went through. Hence, why they unveiled the sweaters on the same day as the sale.

Reactions: kickback256

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
That's hogwash. We see it, we just dont care. "Eggshell" vs "Tapioca" - yes it's slightly different but it's still the same shit.
I’d love to see you say that when I paint your car and you’re crying about color match.

Meanwhile, I have perfect “pitch” with colors. I ace every swatch placement test, and every other color tests I’ve ever taken. ;)

(I’ve been doing digital art since the late 80s when my dad got an Amiga with dpaint, video toaster, lightwave 3d)
You may wanna re-read what I posted. Bono where did it say all men or boy medical.

Reactions: Viqsi

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I love Utah HC as a name like I love Washington Football Team a f*** load more than Commanders. It’s both unique, new and old school Euro at the same time.

Reactions: SirJW

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I love Utah HC as a name like I love Washington Football Team a f*** load more than Commanders. It’s both unique, new and old school Euro at the same time.

I highly doubt they will go down that route.

I think it will go the route of the mythical creature like the kraken just did, and it will be the Yeti.

• Wow
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
If it projects our past injury/current sucking curse from our franchise onto theirs…f*** em’…let them take those colours and keep em’.
Poor cursed franchise that has had 3 of the greatest players in history ( one of whom still plays on the team).

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
it does remind me of seattle, but they are fine first year jerseys. will also be fine as alternates or reverse retros in a couple years. it creates a year 1 history, something that is harmless, innocent and new fans can feel sentimental about after the full branding happens next summer.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
it does remind me of seattle, but they are fine first year jerseys. will also be fine as alternates or reverse retros in a couple years. it creates a year 1 history, something that is harmless, innocent and new fans can feel sentimental about after the full branding happens next summer.
How do these remind you of Seattle?

And RRs were an Adidas thing and probably won't happen again.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
They also picked up good synergy having an appealing logo to Anime perverts.

• Haha
Reactions: zombie kopitar

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm maybe in the minority (I haven't read enough to know for sure), but I like it. They're ripping off Chelsea pretty hard (though I like the powder blue!), but it's a new thing for the NHL specifically, and I think it'll age well. It's just a classic look with simple branding.

I honestly wish the Wild had gone that route. I've never liked the name and branding of teams like the Thrashers, Predators, Wild, etc. Huh... all from the same expansion. Man, the late 90's and early 2000's sucked for this kind of thing.

Last edited:

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
So Utah is so unique that it borrowed an idea from the 1967 Penguins
1718840928614.jpeg

1718841044816.jpeg

Reactions: njdevils1982

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad