Utah Hockey Club announces reduced concession prices for popular items

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

1727713117719.png

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Not sure why more arena concessions don't follow this. There is argument to be made that concessions would be almost as profitable by reducing cost while increasing sales. Selling two pops as a dollar profit is just as good as selling one pop at two dollars profit.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Atlanta has been doing this for years for the Falcons and Atlanta United. They have made more money on concessions than ever before because of it because people don't feel ripped off and come inside the building earlier. They even have like $5 draft beers. Also people end up spending more money on merch as well.

c97f1b9b6df684a2797a8d53a7b7efee

I've been sending surveys to the Devils for years now about it because as a full season ticket holder I just eat at home before or after the game because the prices are insane. It's $7 for a bottle of water. It's embarrassing.

I also have season tickets for the Red Bulls(MLS) and they don't have fan friendly prices but they have been doing this for a few years now where you can buy an all you can drink souvenir cup for $40 for the entire season. While it's still a bit expensive it's not bad at all when you divide it by all the home games so it turns into almost $2 a game if you get 1 refill each game. It's even less the more you get obviously.

I was hoping it was the start of them going towards fan friendly pricing but it hasn't happened yet. I do believe their prices are still cheaper than Prudential which is outta control right now.

Funny enough this just was brought up today on a Devils group too...

Screenshot_20240930_111403_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'll never understand why people go to a sporting event and order a full meal like this. I guess it might just be people who didn't have time to eat dinner beforehand, but I often see people with multiple rounds of food and it always confuses me.

Some season ticket holders around me eat there because they are coming straight from work. I make peanut butter sandwiches if I can't eat a real meal before the game at home and I'll eat it when I'm driving to the game lol

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Some season ticket holders around me eat there because they are coming straight from work. I make peanut butter sandwiches if I can't eat a real meal before the game at home and I'll eat it when I'm driving to the game lol
Yeah the work reason makes sense. Personally, I tend to go out for a few beers beforehand and will eat then. But often I see people sitting me with multiple orders of food throughout the game.

One Leafs game last year a couple had two massive roast beef sandwiches, pizza after that, with popcorn in the third. Just feels pretty ridiculous to me haha.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Yeah the work reason makes sense. Personally, I tend to go out for a few beers beforehand and will eat then. But often I see people sitting me with multiple orders of food throughout the game.

One Leafs game last year a couple had two massive roast beef sandwiches, pizza after that, with popcorn in the third. Just feels pretty ridiculous to me haha.

I got nothing to back this up but I feel like a lot of those people who do that tend to only see a few games a season or maybe that's even the only game a season they see so to them it's just part of the splurge for the night.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
I usually only eat at baseball games. For other sporting events, its just drinks. But those Utah prices are absolute bargains compared to most other places.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad