Proposal: Utah and Dallas Harley

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Hello, like to offer for Thomas Harley. I understand he's a good player but is a RFA and up for a huge raise. I would like to propose rhd Dman Victor Soderstrom plus 2024 38 and 49 picks. I believe Soda would bloom with the Stars.

Reactions: Summer Rose

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Hello, like to offer for Thomas Harley. I understand he's a good player but is a RFA and up for a huge raise. I would like to propose rhd Dman Victor Soderstrom plus 2024 38 and 49 picks. I believe Soda would bloom with the Stars.
Dallas probably isn't interested in picks. I would expect they aren't interested in moving Harley at all, but if they were, I think you need an offer with more player value and less pick value.

Utah has a lot of depth picks which they can use to pick up some upgrades on the blueline. But nobody is trading a guy like Harley for 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Personally, don't see why Dallas would do this. If they were to move him due to cap constraints, I'd guess they'd prefer quality to that quantity and I think they'd have plenty of sutors. Also lundqkvist and soderstrom would be very similiar, id' guess they'd want a LHD if anything.

Unless they resign pavelski/duchene they should have plenty of cap space to extend harley with. Then Benns 9.5 is off the books after next season.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Utah has a lot of depth picks which they can use to pick up some upgrades on the blueline. But nobody is trading a guy like Harley for 2nd and 3rd round picks.
I was seeing it as a first and 2 seconds. Agree with what you are saying but with a huge increase in cap hit was hoping that it would balance out.

Crap forgot about Benn coming off the books

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Soderstrom might not have as much value once he loses waiver exemption for next season. Calen Addison had a comparable/better pro résumé and he only garnered a 5th rounder.

We saw some 2018 1st rounders and some late birthday 2019 1st rounders hit the waiver wire last year.

Reactions: Mangosteen

Yanny

Jul 7, 2015
I was seeing it as a first and 2 seconds. Agree with what you are saying but with a huge increase in cap hit was hoping that it would balance out.

Crap forgot about Benn coming off the books
I dont watch a lot of dallas game but i dont think it's not enought to get a guys like Harley

Last edited:

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Dallas should try and find a way to get Suter's last year off the books and re-sign Harley and Tanev instead.

Ledge And Dairy

Dang I like Soda, has his value dropped that much :(
Yes, he is still not a regular NHLer and loses waiver exemption this summer. Best bet is to play him in the NHL first to raise his value

Dallas should try and find a way to get Suter's last year off the books and re-sign Harley and Tanev instead.
Just buy him out, it's pretty cheap this year
1714422849117.png

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Personally, don't see why Dallas would do this. If they were to move him due to cap constraints, I'd guess they'd prefer quality to that quantity and I think they'd have plenty of sutors. Also lundqkvist and soderstrom would be very similiar, id' guess they'd want a LHD if anything.

Unless they resign pavelski/duchene they should have plenty of cap space to extend harley with. Then Benns 9.5 is off the books after next season.

Dallas needs a long term top 4 RHD option. Nils doesn't appear to be it, Tanev is 34 and probably not going to stay in Dallas, and Hakanpaa isn't a great long term option either. Plus Bischel probably coming in next year, there's no need for MORE LHD under 25.

This is readily apparent and no one out there has enough competent RHD to keep the cost down.

Yes, he is still not a regular NHLer and loses waiver exemption this summer. Best bet is to play him in the NHL first to raise his value

Just buy him out, it's pretty cheap this year View attachment 861855

And replace him with who for the money? They'll just keep him and let him coast out of Dallas next year.

Unless Dallas is trying to dump Harley, which, I'm not sure they want to, then I'd probably be asking for multiple picks over the next few years, which, I think Arizona needs more than Harley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad