Confirmed with Link: Utah acquires Mikhail Sergachev (TBL) for Conor Geekie, JJ Moser, 2025 2nd, 2024 7th (#199)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
BA said on NHL Network he has been telling Tampa, "If you ever want to trade Sergachev, let us know"

BA says today's trades allow them to be more calculated in UFA but mentions adding one more D and one more F.
Most of us knew that last years D was the weak spot of the roster. We still have to upgrade on D.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He's 26. In his prime
And just turned 26 a few days ago.

Utah making a big splash for the move with Serg + Marino.

People will look at Sergs stats and maybe not be that wowed. But remember he's been playing behind Hedman so he's been getting those stats without being on Tampas #1 PP. Here he will almost certainly be the #1 PP dman. He walks the line beautifully.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
A ways back I suggested Ɓill would be making a move like this abd lets say it wasn't well received. Gonna be interesting to see how opinions have changed now that Bill has done it. I sure hope Bill has had a conversation with the Player as he seems like the poster child for not wanting to live in SLC.
Is this the broken clock declaring victory? :sarcasm:

Yes…. Some thought is was too early to make a splash like this but after BA said the phase for acquiring assets was done this shouldn’t have been a surprise to anyone.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Is this the broken clock declaring victory? :sarcasm:

Yes…. Some thought is was too early to make a splash like this but after BA said the phase for acquiring assets was done this shouldn’t have been a surprise to anyone.
I guess it's twice in recent history then as you can see I laid out the Utah purchase as well. But reality is Bill wasn't exactly the patient type many believe but was just a GM with no money to spend so it was dumpster diving and selling for draft capital.

Reactions: Naych_PHX

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Don't like it because Moser is already close to where Sergachev is currently and is better defensively. Utah already has enough offense. Sergachev brings offense, at worst very bad D and at best decent D, and is primarily a PP QB. Even if he gets back to his form 2 years ago Utah don't have the kind of D to shelter him unless Simashev or Sergachev somehow learn to play their off sides better. Sergachev wasn't particularly good at that.

Would've much rather given this up for Andersson who is legit on both sides of the ice and only a year older if they wanted to make this type of deal. Don't like losing Moser at all. Geekie and the picks are whatever but Moser still had top pairing potential and was often Arizona's best player.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I guess it's twice in recent history then as you can see I laid out the Utah purchase as well. But reality is Bill wasn't exactly the patient type many believe but was just a GM with no money to spend so it was dumpster diving and selling for draft capital.

Sure…. Other than everyone knew BA’s plan was laid out to coincide with the timeline for the Coyotes getting a new arena because the resources were going to be put there first.

Take you victory lap anyway.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Don't like it because Moser is already close to where Sergachev is currently and is better defensively. Utah already has enough offense. Sergachev brings offense, at worst very bad D and at best decent D, and is primarily a PP QB. Even if he gets back to his form 2 years ago Utah don't have the kind of D to shelter him unless Simashev or Sergachev somehow learn to play their off sides better. Sergachev wasn't particularly good at that.

Would've much rather given this up for Andersson who is legit on both sides of the ice and only a year older if they wanted to make this type of deal. Don't like losing Moser at all. Geekie and the picks are whatever but Moser still had top pairing potential and was often Arizona's best player.
The deal for Andersson fell through though.

Reactions: Mosby and Naych_PHX

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Sure…. Other than everyone knew BA’s plan was laid out to coincide with the timeline for the Coyotes getting a new arena because the resources were going to be put there first.

Take you victory lap anyway.
Yet this conversation started with me pointing out that everyone disagreed when I wrote about these type of transactions just a couple months ago??? Revisionist history seems to be your forte lately.

Reactions: Naych_PHX

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
Most prospects fail or get traded before they play a substantial amount of time in the NHL. We have too many prospects and picks to have every one develop and have long careers with us. Part of having so many prospects is learning not to get attached. We have been through this before, although never with a decent GM and scouting staff, and now an owner who appears to at least care about icing a fully developed team. I hate to see people go, but our defense is substantially better today without giving up core prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad