Value of: Utah 2025 1st and two 2024 2nd round picks

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
That's because you're not thinking about it in the slightest. Karlsson may have been coming off a Norris but he had a meh value contract and the previous season was unmovable. Competitive teams are willing to move 20-something or later draft picks for defensemen like Ferraro especially if a later pick is coming back or the Sharks are willing to take back someone who doesn't provide any value for them.
Competitive teams would put Ferraro on the bottom pairing. They won't trade a 1st for a bottom pairing dman.

Ferraro.... LOL

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Tampa has done similar trades. Vegas did it to snag Hertl. Pittsburgh did it for Karlsson. It happens plenty.
Ferrero won’t get a 1st. Karlsson was coming off a career year. Hertl is still relatively young and has top 6 offense. You can’t compare Ferraro to Karlsson and Hertl.

Reactions: Jakey53

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Competitive teams would put Ferraro on the bottom pairing. They won't trade a 1st for a bottom pairing dman.

Ferraro.... LOL
Dallas did it for Lundkvist.

Ferrero won’t get a 1st. Karlsson was coming off a career year. Hertl is still relatively young and has top 6 offense. You can’t compare Ferraro to Karlsson and Hertl.
Hertl was a 30 year old injured center with six years left on his deal producing around 60-ish points per season. He wasn't really worth a 1st either but Vegas got retention and a couple draft picks back as part of it.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
No. You just can't be mature about your disagreements.
Because when someone posts lunacy, its hard to take them seriously.

Like dude, no one agrees with you. Does that not resonate with you? No one wants a low caliber player like Mario Ferraro, let alone cough up a 1st ... Take a hint when no one agrees with you and thinks it is preposterous.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Because when someone posts lunacy, its hard to take them seriously.

Like dude, no one agrees with you. Does that not resonate with you? No one wants a low caliber player like Mario Ferraro, let alone cough up a 1st ... Take a hint when no one agrees with you and thinks it is preposterous.
Your take is very presumptuous so no it doesn't resonate with me. This one thread within HF where you and some others say anything isn't everyone. You can think Ferraro is a low caliber player all you want but that's just your opinion. Your hints are meaningless. I provided numerous examples. You aren't really saying anything but lol you crazy and thinking this thread is everyone somehow. There have been threads in the past where Arizona fans were proposing Ferraro for a 2nd plus another asset. That valuation and him for a 1st is hardly that far off.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Your take is very presumptuous so no it doesn't resonate with me. This one thread within HF where you and some others say anything isn't everyone. You can think Ferraro is a low caliber player all you want but that's just your opinion. Your hints are meaningless. I provided numerous examples. You aren't really saying anything but lol you crazy and thinking this thread is everyone somehow.
The Sharks produce more goals when Ferraro is on the bench than on the ice by a wide margin. He's exactly what contending teams do not want in the top 2 pairings.

What contending team would have Ferraro in the top-4?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The Sharks produce more goals when Ferraro is on the bench than on the ice by a wide margin. He's exactly what contending teams do not want in the top 2 pairings.

What contending team would have Ferraro in the top-4?
I'm sure that was the case for Karlsson and Burns in San Jose for a few years. Both were traded for by contending teams.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm sure that was the case for Karlsson and Burns in San Jose for a few years. Both were traded for by contending teams.
Except it wasn't the case for Karlsson and Burns in San Jose. Its the case for Mario Ferraro. That said, the Sharks D were absolutely putrid. Ferraro was a key part of that.

So what contending team is putting Ferraro in the top-4???

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
1716076596711.png

Pretty sad to see.

Not saying for a first but Habs have some decent young defense available to trade and would sure be in your top4.
Struble and Barron would be a great fit in Utah

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Except it wasn't the case for Karlsson and Burns in San Jose. Its the case for Mario Ferraro. That said, the Sharks D were absolutely putrid. Ferraro was a key part of that.

So what contending team is putting Ferraro in the top-4???
Care to show your work so I can at least know what metrics you're using? Burns and Karlsson leaked a shit ton of goals themselves over the past four years with San Jose. So did Ferraro but Ferraro's role is to cover those guys sacrificing defense for offense. Judging Ferraro because he's not producing a bunch of goals compared to when he's off the ice on a bad team is fairly shallow analysis, imo.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Did someone hijack your HF account? This is so unbelievably crazy. Its Yellowstone Beth crazy.

Keep the crazy in the Sharks forum Floyd.
That's very rich coming from a Habs fan.
Yotes fan already offered up a 2nd and 3rd for Ferraro. I'd pull the trigger on that but, we'd really be hanging out our youngsters on D out to dry

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Care to show your work so I can at least know what metrics you're using? Burns and Karlsson leaked a shit ton of goals themselves over the past four years with San Jose. So did Ferraro but Ferraro's role is to cover those guys sacrificing defense for offense. Judging Ferraro because he's not producing a bunch of goals compared to when he's off the ice on a bad team is fairly shallow analysis, imo.
Moneypuck. Both Burns and Karlsson were studs in that stat category. Particularly Karlsson in 2023 and 2022. Monster numbers.

Which contending team would put Ferraro in the top 4. Answer that one.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I just want to understand which contending team would put Ferraro in the top-4??
Plenty of teams like Boston and Toronto have openings in that area where it may make sense to have Ferraro as an option. Vancouver may need a replacement for Zadorov walking as well. Teams tend to have this sort of opening plenty. There will be better options for them, sure but they dry out too.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Plenty of teams like Boston and Toronto have openings in that area where it may make sense to have Ferraro as an option. Vancouver may need a replacement for Zadorov walking as well. Teams tend to have this sort of opening plenty. There will be better options for them, sure but they dry out too.
If you can get a Boston or Toronto fan to agree to a 1st for Ferraro, i would be amazed.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Are you drunk? Both had higher on-ice % than off-ice.

Karlsson's is off the chart.

Mario Ferraro for a 1st... LMAO Lunacy!
No, I think you're just getting something wrong. You said it never happened to Burns and Karlsson where they had higher off-ice than on-ice. They did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad