Confirmed Signing with Link: [UTA] F Dylan Guenther signs extension with the Utah Hockey Club (8 years, $7.14M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I don’t even understand why people make these posts…even if you aren’t a big NHL fan and haven’t heard of him, you can take 30 seconds to look it up.

People make comments like these because they are trying to be willfully ignorant to emphasize their “shock” at something.
It’s a way for posters on here to try to “stick it” to other rival team fans… pretending they don’t know who certain players are

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It’s a way for posters on here to try to “stick it” to other rival team fans… pretending they don’t know who certain players are
It really wasn't. I legit had to EliteProspect that guy up, because

- He had been playing in Arizona
- He has not even played a full season in the NHL
- He is not a top-5 pick

I'm sorry if that offended you, that I didn't know one of the over thousand of players in the league.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
It really wasn't. I legit had to EliteProspect that guy up, because

- He had been playing in Arizona
- He has not even played a full season in the NHL
- He is not a top-5 pick

I'm sorry if that offended you, that I didn't know one of the over thousand of players in the league.
Apology accepted thanks

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Gambling? In Utah? This isn't Vegas...what's going on here?

Absolutely wild deal to sign a guy to after like...half a season of track record.

Reactions: Morrison

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
similar things have happened to others. watch a lot of hockey, but its all DRW related so a couple times some rather large contracts have popped up to players i never heard of.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Who?

I'm not kidding, never heard that name once and now he's making +7M?
LOL

His name has been the subject of LOTS of talk for several years - dating back to the OEL trade with the Canucks for 9th overall

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Honestly if he just continues to play like he did last year it won’t be an overpay. He paced at 33 goals and 64 points on 2.7 shots per game with nothing unsustainable about his metrics and middle six ice time.

But yeah…hard to not seem him getting better. The guy has an absolute nose for the net.
Yeah as the cap goes up that will be right in line with that kind of pace but 40 goals certainly looks attainable

olli

Most unbiased user
Dec 2, 2016
Canada
Will likely be worth the gamble for Utah, even if he only ends up being 60-70 point player it’ll still be a bit of a discount in 3+ years.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Wonder which of one these super early contracts is going to blow up a team. Still better than paying a UFA long term though

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
The comp would be Raymond's $8.1M plus cap increase, so they'd be saving ~$1.5M, in theory.

Which isn't too be sniffed at but doesn't get you much more than a 4th liner. Is there going to be a huge cap jump that significantly change the market?

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
All those posts on this site and you have never heard of Guenther???? Hmmmm ya I don’t buy it for a second lol

Anyways, the contract will be a massive steal in a few years
I haven't heard of him either lol I had to look him up.

Is it not possible maybe some guys especially players on *Arizona that only played 40ish games fly under the radar for some?

Reactions: LOFIN

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
This is the new trend. Pay big bucks to young guys, invest in their potential, even those who are largely unproven. Let older guys go when they ask for their reward (e.g., Marchessault).

There's always a risk, either way. When it works out you have a prime-aged player on a bargain contract in a few years. Guenther is trending well so far.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Smart teams invest in long term deals for players who’ve just scratched the surface on potential. Guenther is a perfect example.

Dylan is capable of being a consistent 30 goal and potentially 40 goal scoring. His shot is elite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad