USNTDP 2005/2006 U-18 Team Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I'm going to be able to catch a few games of the U-18 team next season, and I was wondering who will likely be on the team? Top Prospects ect.

I know Mueller might not be back, and that Palmer should be the starting goal.

Is E. Johnson staying? ect.

Thanks

To me knowledge Johnson is staying...after Mueller and Johnson I think the "superstars" have yet to be determined. At least, probably not any top 10 picks like those 2.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
I think that Chad Morin is 100 percent gone (to Sioux City/USHL) with Nigel Williams taking his place.

I think most everyone else will be back, even Mueller if he doesn't go to Everett. I think the best bet to bolt would be Kane to the OHL but I haven't heard anything on that lately.

JJ24

Jul 1, 2002
Visit site
Kane was selected in 5th round last year by London. It doesn't seem likely that he'll leave the NTDP program. He's already been offered by Michigan and by BU, where his NTDP and Honeybaked teammate, goalie Brett Bennett, has already committed for 2006.

Bennett is probably the starting U18 goalie next season. He handled the netminding chores for U17s in the NAHL playoffs and sparkled in net. Palmer backed up Frazee for the U18s in Europe.

With Johnson, Strait, Ratchuk and Palm and McBain back, joined by Nigel Williams, and with Bennett in goal, this teams should be excellent in its own end.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
i think nigel williams might be the next superstar of this team. he had a great showing at u-17's, dominated nationals during games and the skills competition, and is already big at 6-3, 200. this kid could definitely be a 1st rounder, and maybe surpass johnson as the best defenseman on the team. i think if geoffrion stays he will have a better year also, and maybe become the highest drafted forward on the team (assuming mueller leaves, and kane is 07 and may not grow), because this team is obviously loaded at defense, and doesnt have any big time stars up front.

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
orangeandblack said:
this kid could definitely be a 1st rounder, and maybe surpass johnson as the best defenseman on the team.

urgh...I don't know about that. Johnson has all the making of a top 10 or even top 5 NHL draft pick. I am not saying it won't happen, but I see Johnson as being the best overall player on that team next year (Mueller not included if he comes back...which is unlikely).

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
i agree johnson is almost a shoo-in to be top 10, probably top 5, but williams has pretty much come out of nowhere lately and developed so much, its not unrealistic for that to happen. if he keeps up at the pace hes going you could have one of the best draft years for american defenseman in a while.

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
orangeandblack said:
i agree johnson is almost a shoo-in to be top 10, probably top 5, but williams has pretty much come out of nowhere lately and developed so much, its not unrealistic for that to happen. if he keeps up at the pace hes going you could have one of the best draft years for american defenseman in a while.

That is the key to me, Johnson has been at the top of this age class for years. But you are absolutely right, combined with Jack Johnson and an AJ Thelen (if he can get it together) the future Team USA blueline looks pretty nice.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
johnson, williams, mitera, sanguinetti, dowzek, and strait could all be 1st rounders just from 06, so it looks real good, and add in 05 usa has alot to be proud of

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
X-SHARKIE said:
I'm going to be able to catch a few games of the U-18 team next season, and I was wondering who will likely be on the team? Top Prospects ect.

I know Mueller might not be back, and that Palmer should be the starting goal.

Is E. Johnson staying? ect.

Thanks
I'm pretty sure Tony Mossey has signed on for next year. Mueller and Morin will not be back. Okoposo is still a possibility. This team will be be much differant than last years U18 team. There won't be any super stars like Kessel but overall this teem should be very strong defensively and in net. Both Goalies are very good and this team will have the strongest top six defenseman that the programs ever had.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
VOB said:
bigd,

Will Montgomery and Kane be back?
Kane will be back. Not sure about Montgomery. I believe Kane commited to BU this week!

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
bigd said:
Kane will be back. Not sure about Montgomery. I believe Kane commited to BU this week!

I think Montgomery commited to Ohio State.
I didn't hear about Kane commiting, but there's been no talk about him around London, so safe to say he'll be back.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
with kane and possibly okposo and mueller up front, they could have alot of fire power. not as much as last season, but those two would be huge upgrades.

big d who are the players that are leaving, or may be leaving besides morin and montgomery?

JJ24

Jul 1, 2002
Visit site
bigd said:

Can you provide some details on Kane's commitment? Someone posted on USCHO recently that Kane planned to visit BU this month and that he is close friends with fellow Buffalo area native and U18 goalie Brett Bennett.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I don't think so, but in my season ticket information letter the Badgers have it listed that they will host the U-18 team December 18th :)

Who will represent Team USA at this summer U18 Junior World Cup in August? I know they don't usually send their regular U18 club that plays together all year, so I'm guessing we won't see guy's like Mueller, Johnson, Morin, Palmer, etc.

Will Canada walk through this tourney like they usually do? The only group that hasn't won gold in like 10 yrs were the 1986's, who actually had Crosby playing with them that year. The 85's and 87's(without Crosby) dominated like no others and the 88's shouldn't be too bad either. I don't think there up there w/the 87's, but I don't think there as bad as the 86's either?

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
it will be a select team comprised of the standouts at the select festival in july. you likely wont see any of the ntdp players unless they are late additions.

has kane grown at all?

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
HabLover said:
Who will represent Team USA at this summer U18 Junior World Cup in August? I know they don't usually send their regular U18 club that plays together all year, so I'm guessing we won't see guy's like Mueller, Johnson, Morin, Palmer, etc.

Will Canada walk through this tourney like they usually do? The only group that hasn't won gold in like 10 yrs were the 1986's, who actually had Crosby playing with them that year. The 85's and 87's(without Crosby) dominated like no others and the 88's shouldn't be too bad either. I don't think there up there w/the 87's, but I don't think there as bad as the 86's either?

This year Czech team could be very strong rival for Canadian team I believe.
We should have very good team, especially offensively if we use all best players.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
czechhockeyfan said:
This year Czech team could be very strong rival for Canadian team I believe.
We should have very good team, especially offensively if we use all best players.

Well, last year you guys were pretty good and only lost 4 - 1 in the final to a stacked 1987 Canadian born team. Canada won't be as good this year, on paper anyways, but they should definitely be competitive.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
HabLover said:
Well, last year you guys were pretty good and only lost 4 - 1 in the final to a stacked 1987 Canadian born team. Canada won't be as good this year, on paper anyways, but they should definitely be competitive.

Czech team should be much stronger than last year I believe.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
orangeandblack said:
are kane, sperry and o'brien staying on the u-17 team and not moving up to u-18s with the rest of the team?
No!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
orangeandblack said:
johnson, williams, mitera, sanguinetti, dowzek, and strait could all be 1st rounders just from 06, so it looks real good, and add in 05 usa has alot to be proud of

For those of you who see him alot, what can you tell me about Strait's game? Also what kind of potential do you see in him? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad