Useless Thread MDCCCXCVIII: Olympic Breakdancing Appreciation Thread

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
As of July 2024, the Pittsburgh Steelers' radio announcers are Rob King, the play-by-play announcer, and Craig Wolfley, the analyst:
Rob King
The new "Voice of the Steelers", King has been a member of the Steelers Audio Network's pre- and post-game broadcast team since 2014. Steelers Team President Art Rooney II said King is respected by his peers and has a unique perspective that will make fans feel like they're in the stadium

King also is aware of the bonafides of the men who had this job before him. Jack Fleming was at the mic for the Immaculate Reception and 4 Super Bowl wins during the 1970s. Bill Hillgrove called Super Bowl XXX in his second season on the job and went on to call three more during the 2000s, including wins in 2005 and 2008. There were a lot of great, iconic moments in NFL history that Steelers fans have come to associate with the sound of those guys' voices.

"You have to understand you're not replacing anybody. You're following," said King, "and if you stop and think about it in that context, it's obviously humbling because you're talking about two phenomenal announcers. I don't feel any pressure, but it's not lost on me that this is a job that has been done extremely well by extremely talented people prior to the first time I'll be calling a Steelers game this August. That's not lost on me."

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Let me guess, he yelled about a bunch of stuff that obviously shows his political bias, then backtracks and says "I'm telling jokes".

Wouldn't surprise me if he literally says "I'm just asking questions".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: John Price

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium