Useless Thread MDCCCXCVIII: Olympic Breakdancing Appreciation Thread

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Zheng, 21, who was the runner-up to Aryna Sabalenka at the Australian Open in January, assured China of its first singles medal in Olympic tennis since the sport returned to the Games in 1988.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
"The dots are there for security, idiot."

NOBODY'S LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER

PIGGYBACKING DOESN'T APPLY HERE

I CAN'T TYPE MY PASSWORD IF I CAN'T SEE THE LETTERS ON THE SCREEN
I'm really not trying to be mean here, but it's really not that hard to type the password in twice even with the dots. You just have to be careful....I know as I have fat fingers. 🤌

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Mindustry attack missions are so laughably easy to cheese.

Hmm, I could build a bunch of ground units and have to fight through and destroy all of their defenses. Or I could just build aerial bombers, fly around all of their defenses, and easily destroy their infrastructure to cripple their defenses.

Why attack a turret when I can just bomb the supply lines so it runs out of ammo

Last edited:

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Did you ever finish reading 1984.

Reading is for nerds so I stopped reading physical literature years ago. I only read cookbooks now.

Back in my nerd days I used to read a fair # of Hemingway but mostly retired from reading because I don't have f***ing time to read when I'm staring at a computer all day

ADHD is out of control

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Why the f*** would I want to read something in my hand especially a big ass book when I have the internet

I can read news articles and forum posts I am interested in but shit I can't read no big ass fiction no more

No Game of Ice and Fire for me.

"It's song of ice and fire"

I know I'm not reading that GRRM crap

I actually have the LOTR trilogy from HS on my bookshelf but like Jay Gatsby I don't read it. "He frontin' with all them books. But if we pull one down off the shelf, ain't none of the pages ever been opened. "

I will say if they still had f***ing sports programs I would read those. Sometimes the Caps give out them every month, little booklets with roster info and team puff pieces. I hoard a ton of them in my basement

1722525093250.jpeg

1722525159163.jpeg

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Did @PanthersPens62 carry in a radio into Pro Player Stadium back in the day to listen to the radio broadcast team, and pick up programs on the way in

They used to sell Redskins programs here but they charged like 15 dollars each which was dumb. Never ended up buying one

They mostly ceased selling those now

1722525439402.jpeg

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
the gun guy? I don't watch that shooting stuff

He competed without any glasses or braces or whatever crap that other guy is wearing, so cue all the clowns making a big deal about it.

"He didn't need to rely on a bunch of gimmicks."

But he didn't win. He came in second place. He lost.

Last edited:

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
"Dude came in knowing he was such a good shot that he didnt need to try. This is the most casual silver medal you can get."

:rolleyes:

I'm sure an Olympic athlete would appreciate being told that he looked disinterested and that he could have tried harder.

This isn't Abebe Bikila setting the marathon world record while running barefooted, this is a guy that could have used any of those assists but chose to pointlessly restrict himself and lost the gold.

Everyone just shut the f*** up about him already.

Last edited:

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Did @PanthersPens62 carry in a radio into Pro Player Stadium back in the day to listen to the radio broadcast team, and pick up programs on the way in

They used to sell Redskins programs here but they charged like 15 dollars each which was dumb. Never ended up buying one

They mostly ceased selling those now

View attachment 898556
No, never brought a radio & never bought a gameday program. 📻

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
"Dude came in knowing he was such a good shot that he didnt need to try. This is the most casual silver medal you can get."

:rolleyes:

I'm sure an Olympic athlete would appreciate being told that he looked disinterested and that he could have tried harder.

This isn't Abebe Bikila setting the marathon world record while running barefooted, this is a guy that could have used any of those assists but chose to pointlessly restrict himself and lost the gold.

Everyone just shut the f*** up about him already.

He's been competing in the event at every Olympics since 2008. He knows what he's doing.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
White women to me

147029.gif

@NyQuil
@Fixed to Ruin
@MetalheadPenguinsFan

1722527851091.jpeg

I like hiking and being outdoors contrary to what I tell @End of Line and yes I would like to go out for a walk and see that lake and that woods

But women who also like the outdoors AREN'T INTERSTED

I LIKE THE SAME THINGS YOU DO YOU DOLT

"you aren't going to get many women insulting them as a dolt"

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT. BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF MOTHERf***ER

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
He's been competing in the event at every Olympics since 2008. He knows what he's doing.

From what I've gathered, it's misinformation/clickbait, whatever you want to call it.

The person with all the extra gear was competing in a different event, the 25m air rifle.

Here's two people competing in a 10m air pistol competition, donning similar gear and the same hand-in-pocket pose.

1722527985178.png

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
From what I've gathered, it's misinformation/clickbait, whatever you want to call it.

The person with all the extra gear was competing in a different event, the 25m air rifle.

Here's two people competing in a 10m air pistol competition, donning similar gear and the same hand-in-pocket pose. What heroes, put a crown on them.

View attachment 898571

So he wasn’t pointlessly restricting himself to lose the gold after all.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I want to talk to more people but I don't feel like it and I would rather listen to f***ing music

The UT John Price you all see before you is different than the quiet nonverbal John Price in public

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Instead of f***ing using emoji to express your "shock" explain to me why Biles is on the mat again

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00