Useless Thread MDCCCXCVIII: Olympic Breakdancing Appreciation Thread

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

Great scene, but in real life there was no fight between McClanahan and O'Callahan Other than this scene, the one where it shows Herb at the Christmas party (he wasn’t) and the one where it shows Brooks picking the team by himself (he didn’t) and where Brooks is skating them for their lackluster tie against the Swedish National Team and Eruzione says “Mike Eruzione Winthrop Massachusetts!” “ I play for the United States of America!” In actuality that ended when Mark Johnson broke his stick over the boards the movie is considered to be pretty accurate.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Steve shows Stan the grade he got for writing about his hero "Legolas" from The Lord of the Rings and Stan takes him to task for not following a real-life hero. Stan shows him his display case of heroes, the 1980 US Olympic Hockey Team and Ronald Reagan. When Roger reveals that he played on the gold medal winning team as Chex LeMeneux, Stan refuses to accept it until Roger takes him to a player's reunion where he is recognized and accepted. Stan is amazed and goes into full-blown hero worship. But when Roger reveals he was on performance-enhancing steroids, Stan is appalled. He destroys his shrine to the Olympic team and is at a loss as to what to do next.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Give up 38 points to a 3-8 team and finish 5-7 missing out on a bowl

This game is an utter disgrace

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I want to know how we went 3-2 and then finished at a 5-7 record giving up an average of like 30 ppg.

What the f*** is going on.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I'm really not in a f***ing good mood today and that f***ing BS CFB game is the main culprit. How can defense be that difficult?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad