Useless Thread MDCCCXCIX: Old Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Turns out enabling vsync does the trick.

Need to google because I've been playing games for a very long time and just accepted that fan noise

But lately loud ambient noises piss me off, lawn mowers, birds, shit like that. Computer fans roaring like a f***ing jet engine.

I really don't want to buy a new card because I got this one when 2042 came out for 500 bucks which is still insane but that was when card prices were jacked up.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Vertical Sync, or VSync, synchronizes the refresh rate and frame rate of a monitor to prevent screen tearing. VSync does this by limiting your GPU’s frame rate output to your monitor’s refresh rate. The GPU then uses fancy technical tricks like page flipping and double buffering to show frames after a monitor’s refresh cycle ends, so you don’t see screen tearing.

Some people aren't much bothered by screen tearing, but for others, it can break a game’s immersion and pull you out of the experience. This is why VSync is such a crucial setting to understand.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
madden 25 with vsync turned off

1723508860696.jpeg

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Satisfactory would do something similar, repeatedly causing the GPU fan to go full speed and then slow down.

As far as I remember, it would still do it even with vsync and an fps cap.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
This Haason Reddick stuff with the Jets is hilarious.

He wanted a new contract but the Iggles wouldn't give him one, then the Jets trade for him, fail to get him to sign a new contract, and now he's holding out and wants a trade.

What idiot would trade for him and then not pay him

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Headline: Haason Reddick's trade request is just the latest sign that the Jets can't have nice things

Idiotic self-sabotage is hardly worthy of any sympathy

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
f***ing Jets fans

"The Jets only have a bad record because their QB play has been abysmal. Even with average QB play, they would have been a playoff team last year."

Okay, so why didn't they try to acquire someone after Rodgers went down?

"There was no point in bringing in Minshew to finish 10-6 and go out in the first round of the playoffs. Got a better draft pick and a future top class left tackle."

Now you're not even making excuses, you're straight-up claiming they totally would have done better, but chose not to. What idiocy.

That must be so good for team morale, losing their starting quarterback and then the front office allegedly giving up so they can get a better draft pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad