Useless Thread MCMII: NFL Post-Preseason Pre-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
The thread about the Jets first TD drive on r/nfl is hilarious.

"That was an absolute clinic from Rodgers."

"first "proper" drive with Rodgers at QB, old man still got it"

"Aaron Rodgers hasn't lost a single step. Seemed like every single 3rd down you just knew Garrett Wilson would get the ball and convert somehow"

"That was a beautiful f***ing drive, rodgers looks like he still has it"

As he goes on to post a stat line of 13-21 for 167 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int, lirl

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
nfl reddit is filled with pff wannabee casuals

To your credit, there's morons saying and upvoting vapid shit like this:

"He’s the last of the old guard QBs who were such excellent passers. Just reading a defense pre-snap, making adjustments, dropping back, and throwing it where only his guy can catch it.

The new generation of QBs play a much different style of football.

The old guard was more surgical. They knew who they were gonna throw it to before they snapped the ball and the defense couldn’t do anything about it. It’s just different."

That's just nonsense that vaguely sounds like they're making sense.

Basically the same rose-colored glasses as "the old guys were tougher than today's players".

Last edited:
Reactions: John Price

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
People still defending tiktok on the main boards :laugh: open your eyes

To your credit, there's morons saying and upvoting vapid shit like this:

"He’s the last of the old guard QBs who were such excellent passers. Just reading a defense pre-snap, making adjustments, dropping back, and throwing it where only his guy can catch it.

The new generation of QBs play a much different style of football.

The old guard was more surgical. They knew who they were gonna throw it to before they snapped the ball and the defense couldn’t do anything about it. It’s just different."

That's just nonsense that vaguely sounds like they're making sense.

Basically the same rose-colored glasses as "the old guys were tougher than today's players".
I think the issue there is that there are just so many people that eventually the hivemind takes over and they're all casuals too

like what the f would they know about my team in washington, unless you really want to do the research. Suddenly a guy from Minnesota here behind his keyboard is a Washington expert talking about them, get real

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I thought my boomer ass was the 2nd oldest here after @PanthersPens62 but @Neil Racki takes that

damn I'm now 3rd oldest here.

NFL says Kendrick Lamar doing the HT show and I'm like who da fook is that I've not heard one song of his

And I'm not that boomer, I know King Von ( a little) and Meek

As if the hysteria over TikTok makes any sense at all. All social media is bad, but this one is extra bad because "China bad".

Go back to your slot machines and titty streamers on IG.
Well one of them is legit going to be illegal next year and one isn't.

Guess which one.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I think the issue there is that there are just so many people that eventually the hivemind takes over and they're all casuals too

like what the f would they know about my team in washington, unless you really want to do the research. Suddenly a guy from Minnesota here behind his keyboard is a Washington expert talking about them, get real

But that's true for almost any open forum of discussion.

Easy-to-understand and hyperbolic posts are going to be more liked than nuanced opinions.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
But that's true for almost any open forum of discussion.

Easy-to-understand and hyperbolic posts are going to be more liked than nuanced opinions.
It's just too big and too restrictive

That said I would like to return, lurking around smaller team reddits like Bill Simmons ain't the same

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Here someone like MMC can easily make a post when news breaks

there, like 20 people try to make the same f***ing thread and then they start regulating and deleting threads and such

At least it's more organized than politics reddit where 30 people make the same f***ing post and nobody does any merging lol. Which post to post in??

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Here someone like MMC can easily make a post when news breaks

there, like 20 people try to make the same f***ing thread and then they start regulating and deleting threads and such

At least it's more organized than politics reddit where 30 people make the same f***ing post and nobody does any merging lol. Which post to post in??

That's because of the losers that desperately want meaningless upvotes for doing nothing but posting a link.

Reactions: John Price

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Sink full of f***ing bullshit so have to use the ol' Sega method of just rushing through the wash with my bare hands instead of putting gloves on

Easier when all the big dishware is in the dishwasher so I'm just breezing by big spoons and ice cream scoops and the like

That's because of the losers that desperately want meaningless upvotes for doing nothing but posting a link.
Exactly we had like 80 people post their thoughts on the Washington game right after, all of it should be in one thread

there was even a thread about it

people just want imaginary upboats

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Advertising is foul as f***. Have to actively block ads on Youtube, Youtube TV, and Twitch (and even that isn't reliable anymore, Twitch is desperate to show ads)

Now the Japanese baseball stream with English commentary has ads all over. Given most of them are anti-smoking PSAs, but watching someone go in for chemo because they smoked too much is not really something I want to see at 6 AM in the f***ing morning when I'm trying to "work".

It's so pathetic how ads have infiltrated everything in our society. Got my podcasts to listen to but oh no...2 f***ing minutes of ads before the damn thing starts. And then in the midst of a conversation, another minute of ads. Make it f***ing stop.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
This bike is really pissing me off. Again my fat ass is just trying to lose weight but I get nothing but back and butt pain.

Go f*** yaself.

Be out here 2 nights ago flipping out over the chronic pain and having a mental breakdown.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I use to know someone on another message board who hated Seinfeld.

How can you hate Seinfeld.

Last edited:

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
1x258a2xfwnd1.png

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

Back in my day some jagoff could blog some shit and everyone would roll with it before calling him out on it

Nowadays with the prevalence of social media any jagoff could make any post about BS like this and get it trending

We literally saw that with that reporter who said Aiyuk was going to Pittsburgh lol

Reactions: PanthersPens62
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad