HAPPY BIRTHDAY! USA - 248 years young

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Back in the 80s we used to buy fireworks while on vacation in Myrtle Beach because you couldn't buy them in Maryland, where we lived.

We set them off in our backyard every year. Had all different kinds. A lot of neighbors would sit on their roof for a good view of the county's firework show a few miles away. One year dad set off a Roman candle and it did not function as intended. It took off like a missile, flew over our house and scared the crap out of our neighbors across the street who were sitting on their roof. Thankfully they weren't injured or mad, we were good friends.

I'm actually not a big fan of fireworks. I can take it or leave it.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
me either
I’m not really either - been to so many but it’s how inconvenient is this lol

Growing up my parents took out boat out to West Beach in Beverly and we watched them out off the shore

Till a few years ago we’d go to my towns in Danvers and I’d be at a cookout all day right down street at buds and we just walk 2 minutes down

But my pets would be horrified

And now - other then Disney which are great and I it’s basically drinking cocktails and watching with family that’s my speed

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Happy birthday USA and to all our American fellows.
Special 2024.....and this November election will be full of surprises.!!
Until then, happy holidays and enjoy.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Thanks friend!

When I was growing up the neighborhood had a party on the 4th. Everyone would bring food and one with a pool would open it up to everyone. It was fun and it was a great neighborhood.

I like living in NH ok, but they allow too many people (who are fools and drunk) to use fireworks. I hate noise and all pets do too.

I don't mind the pretty fireworks but don't see the need for just noise and sulfur smell. Plus, it can be dangerous. When I first moved here there were some idiots who lived across the street. They had a few small kids. They always drank and would stand in the yard screaming and swearing at each other.

On my first 4th here, they were throwing cherry bombs at each other while the kids were running around. One rolled under a car. Someone called the police. They were so angry that they stood in the street swearing at all of the neighbors. The woman got in a car and drove all over some yards tearing up the grass.

Thankfully they moved.

I am sure my cats will be hiding tonight.
It just takes a few idiots to ruin things for everyone, happy for you and the entire neighbourhood that they moved.

Happy Birthday to all my American friends and great Bruins fans south of the boarder. Enjoy your day and have a safe fun time.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I’m not really either - been to so many but it’s how inconvenient is this lol

Growing up my parents took out boat out to West Beach in Beverly and we watched them out off the shore

Till a few years ago we’d go to my towns in Danvers and I’d be at a cookout all day right down street at buds and we just walk 2 minutes down

But my pets would be horrified

And now - other then Disney which are great and I it’s basically drinking cocktails and watching with family that’s my speed

FB_IMG_1720128809413.jpg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't like fireworks. Too loud and obnoxious. Everywhere is too crowded and it's hot.

4th of July is probably my least favorite holiday. But at least it's a day off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad