HAPPY BIRTHDAY! USA - 248 years young

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
It's hard to believe it's already the Fourth of July. I think the NHL season ending so late makes me feel like the year is flying by. After all, it only ended last week!

I have fond childhood memories of the bicentennial in Charlestown, where I have relatives.

But nothing nearly that exciting going on this year. Just hoping to see the wild rabbit that's been showing up at my folks' house.

An adorable creature, but prey for hawks and owls, which I have seen circling.
20240629_194517 (1).jpg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I still remember the Bicentennial like it was yesterday. Now its gonna be 250 in 2 years?

God damn, I'm getting old. How'd that happen?
We thought it would be cool idea to go to Philly for the 200th.

They were telling people not to come and everybody listened. We wound getting into Independence Hall with NO WAIT and shook hands with President Ford.

After the fireworks in Center City we hit a bar and they had Walter Cronkite on and suddenly they switched to Boston for the 1812. That can't be 48 years ago....

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Happy 4th of July my American friends! Enjoy the day!
Thanks friend!

When I was growing up the neighborhood had a party on the 4th. Everyone would bring food and one with a pool would open it up to everyone. It was fun and it was a great neighborhood.

I like living in NH ok, but they allow too many people (who are fools and drunk) to use fireworks. I hate noise and all pets do too.

I don't mind the pretty fireworks but don't see the need for just noise and sulfur smell. Plus, it can be dangerous. When I first moved here there were some idiots who lived across the street. They had a few small kids. They always drank and would stand in the yard screaming and swearing at each other.

On my first 4th here, they were throwing cherry bombs at each other while the kids were running around. One rolled under a car. Someone called the police. They were so angry that they stood in the street swearing at all of the neighbors. The woman got in a car and drove all over some yards tearing up the grass.

Thankfully they moved.

I am sure my cats will be hiding tonight.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Thanks friend!

When I was growing up the neighborhood had a party on the 4th. Everyone would bring food and one with a pool would open it up to everyone. It was fun and it was a great neighborhood.

I like living in NH ok, but they allow too many people (who are fools and drunk) to use fireworks. I hate noise and all pets do too.

I don't mind the pretty fireworks but don't see the need for just noise and sulfur smell. Plus, it can be dangerous. When I first moved here there were some idiots who lived across the street. They had a few small kids. They always drank and would stand in the yard screaming and swearing at each other.

On my first 4th here, they were throwing cherry bombs at each other while the kids were running around. One rolled under a car. Someone called the police. They were so angry that they stood in the street swearing at all of the neighbors. The woman got in a car and drove all over some yards tearing up the grass.

Thankfully they moved.

I am sure my cats will be hiding tonight.

This sounds like a scene out of Trailer Park Boys.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019

Thank you to everyone who has made it this way for me to have the best life ever. Armed forces, medical personnel, teachers, infrastructure builders, police, fire, emts,....

We are all blessed beyond compare to be able to wake up and be free. Enjoy my friends.

Democracy is wonderful, please don't take it for granted!
Happy 4th of July everyone!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
So many 4th of July memories from growing up. It was a giant pool party with great food and family and neighbors. We'd cap off the night with the illegal fireworks my grandparents would bring home from Florida each spring.

My grandfather never watched as he went into the house and watched the Pops. I never understood it until I was older. They reminded him of when he served in WWII.

We are expecting some storms this afternoon so I am running a few quick errands and then I think I will paint.

Happy 4th of July to my HF Family!

4th-of-july-quotes-swl-240507-07-d2b1de.jpg

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
4th of July tradition of an early beach day, home to shower and relax, then hosting family and friends for a cookout. We bring the tv out on the deck (weather permitting) and it’s always wild to see the fireworks on tv but be able to hear them from the house.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad