Upside Hockey's 2024 NHL Draft Pre-Christmas Rankings

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
A gift from Upside Hockey

#2024NHLdraft Pre-Christmas Rankings:

E-Mac's back with our quintessential #NHLdraft rankings in our unique spreadsheet format.

Celebrini continues to leads the way...

But we have some risers...

Intro:

"This is our December update to our patented quintessential spreadsheet format, composed by the incomparable Chief of Scouting, E-Mac. Check out the many tabs/sheets (subjects along the bottom) of this spreadsheet. Watch for features to be added and expanded upon as the season unfolds.

The big mover from our preseason rankings has been creating a buzz in hockey circles - Cayden Lindstrom. The 6'3 centre is lighting up the WHL this season. Defenseman Anton Silayev has also moved up to the top 5. Defenseman Zeev Buium is another big mover, having moved up from 29th to the top 10.

For this edition, you will notice additional tabs for prospects < 5'11 as well as for overage prospects, that is, having gone through at least 1 year of eligibility.
For optimal viewing, you can open up the spreadsheet rankings to a separate page by clicking the icon in the upper right-hand corner. Please enjoy and, as always, we appreciate any feedback from all of you Upsiders.

Don't just go inside hockey. Don't get caught on the Dark Side. Join us on the Upside.

If you enjoy and would like to have a downloadable version of these extensive rankings, simply buy us a cup of coffee (via KoFi), follow us on Twitter/X @UpsideHockey, drop us your email address, and you'll become an Upside Hockey Insider."

Link:

An interesting 2nd degree of separation for me for this draft class. The nurse practitioner I work closely with at my day job - she's the aunt of our projected 1st rounder Andrew Basha. So intrigued to follow his progress this season. We have him ranked 31st for our first rankings.

Please enjoy, in E-Mac's typical pretty awesome spreadsheet format. As the season goes on and with more rankings updates, the spreadsheet gets more and more features and more robust.

We also will have our head Prospect Profiler Sandman back to write more sweet prospect profiles, but we're still letting him recover from the 2023 draft class and the 160+ profiles!

An interesting 2nd degree of separation for me for this draft class. The nurse practitioner I work closely with at my day job - she's the aunt of our projected 1st rounder Andrew Basha. So intrigued to follow his progress this season. We have him ranked 31st for our first rankings.

Please enjoy, in E-Mac's typical pretty awesome spreadsheet format. As the season goes on and with more rankings updates, the spreadsheet gets more and more features and more robust.

We also will have our head Prospect Profiler Sandman back to write more sweet prospect profiles, but we're still letting him recover from the 2023 draft class and the 160+ profiles!

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
A gift from Upside Hockey

#2024NHLdraft Pre-Christmas Rankings:

E-Mac's back with our quintessential #NHLdraft rankings in our unique spreadsheet format.

Celebrini continues to leads the way...

But we have some risers...

Intro:

"This is our December update to our patented quintessential spreadsheet format, composed by the incomparable Chief of Scouting, E-Mac. Check out the many tabs/sheets (subjects along the bottom) of this spreadsheet. Watch for features to be added and expanded upon as the season unfolds.

The big mover from our preseason rankings has been creating a buzz in hockey circles - Cayden Lindstrom. The 6'3 centre is lighting up the WHL this season. Defenseman Anton Silayev has also moved up to the top 5. Defenseman Zeev Buium is another big mover, having moved up from 29th to the top 10.

For this edition, you will notice additional tabs for prospects < 5'11 as well as for overage prospects, that is, having gone through at least 1 year of eligibility.
For optimal viewing, you can open up the spreadsheet rankings to a separate page by clicking the icon in the upper right-hand corner. Please enjoy and, as always, we appreciate any feedback from all of you Upsiders.

Don't just go inside hockey. Don't get caught on the Dark Side. Join us on the Upside.

If you enjoy and would like to have a downloadable version of these extensive rankings, simply buy us a cup of coffee (via KoFi), follow us on Twitter/X @UpsideHockey, drop us your email address, and you'll become an Upside Hockey Insider."

Link:

I love your stuff! Last year you had my gem Nick Lardis in the first round and it looks like this year you have my new gem Yegor Surin in there as well. Also, I think the height of Surin isn't updated (listed as 5'10). If I'm not mistaken, I believe he is 6'1 now or at least he looks like he's that tall.

Disregard, I was looking at the pre-season

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
I love your stuff! Last year you had my gem Nick Lardis in the first round and it looks like this year you have my new gem Yegor Surin in there as well. Also, I think the height of Surin isn't updated (listed as 5'10). If I'm not mistaken, I believe he is 6'1 now or at least he looks like he's that tall.

Disregard, I was looking at the pre-season
Many thanks, Castle!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The trend of no one agrees on Czech D continues. Most agree Jiricek goes first.. after that, no one agrees.

This one has Svozil as the 2nd Czech D and then Badinka. Galvas is around 160.

Not saying I agree or disagree. Great list. But no one agrees on those Czech D at all.lol

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Awesome! Look forward to it every time it comes out. I agree with many of your surprise rankings such as Pulkkanen high and Aron much lower. I like how many of the smaller players are lower which seems to correlate more with last year's draft. Unless there is an elite to outstanding skating tool with another significant tool, I have to move them down my thoughts on their draft ranking. (I don't agree on Hutson and I think he would be flipped with Misa who looks like an excellent skater.) Is Oleg Maistrenko an 05 or 06 birthdate? Many names I have seen with good reports are getting some notice on your spreadsheet. Thank you for your time, diligence, and effort!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad