Management UPDATE: Steve Staios GM and POHO, Dave Poulin Senior VP of Hockey Operations

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
On the surface for 2024-25:

IN:
David Perron
Michael Amadio
Noah Gregor
Nick Jensen
Linus Ullmark

OUT:
Jacob Chychrun
Parker Kelly
Erik Brannstrom
Jonas Korpisalo

I think the team is still improved and addressed some glaring weak points. It could certainly have been better but so far the team is looking better than last year. I think the Pinto news is really thrown us into fits…

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Also

IN:
David Perron
Michael Amadio
Noah Gregor
Nick Jensen
Linus Ullmark

OUT:
Jacob Chychrun
Parker Kelly
Erik Brannstrom
Jonas Korpisalo

I think the team is still improved and addressed some glaring weak points. It could certainly have been better but so far the team is looking better than last year. I think the Pinto news is really thrown us into fits…
Also out is Kastellic.

Really, I thought Korpisalo, Chychrun and Kastellic were all net negatives to the team, so just replacing them with reasonable NHL players is a win.

Unfortunately I think we’re looking at a Kleven-JBD third pair? Not a believer in JBD and would prefer not to saddle Kleven with him.

Joseph for a 3rd pairing RHD maybe is the answer there.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023

IN:
David Perron
Michael Amadio
Noah Gregor
Nick Jensen
Linus Ullmark

OUT:
Jacob Chychrun
Parker Kelly
Erik Brannstrom
Jonas Korpisalo

It's not like we had Pinto to start last year either. So if he's here, that's a plus, if not it's the same.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Imo they made the most of the draft with what they had but now signing mostly older and fringe guys to fill serious gaps in the team looks like they are playing the short game hoping that just making the playoffs and playing one round will satisfy most fans. Seems that almost anyone could have done this without top execs.

Don't see a long term cup plan here.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

IN:
David Perron
Michael Amadio
Noah Gregor
Nick Jensen
Linus Ullmark

OUT:
Jacob Chychrun
Parker Kelly
Erik Brannstrom
Jonas Korpisalo

I think the moves have been terrible overall, outside of Ullmark who is a one year rental as of now (and will most likely leave since this team isn’t going anywhere)

Perron and Jensen would have been great 2-3 years ago.

Pinto or Joseph will also be out as the cap is getting tight despite a very ordinary team

No way Jensen + Kleven is an upgrade over Chychrun + Brannstrom

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I think the moves have been terrible overall, outside of Ullmark who is a one year rental as of now (and will probably since this team isn’t going anywhere)

Perron and Jensen would have been great 2-3 years ago.

Pinto or Joseph will also be out.

No way Jensen and Kleven are an upgrade over Chychrun and Brannstrom

Perron coming off a 47 point season.

Jensen had an underwhelming year but he is light years ahead of Chychrun in his own end still.

Joseph will be out

Pinto ain’t going anywhere.

Reactions: gab6511

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Imo they made the most of the draft with what they had but now signing mostly older and fringe guys to fill serious gaps in the team looks like they are playing the short game hoping that just making the playoffs and playing one round will satisfy most fans. Seems that almost anyone could have done this without top execs.

I think this team has no chance of being a playoff team this year UNLESS and only IF Ullmark plays like no other goalie we have ever seen play. Ullmark is going to have to be heroic if this team is going to go from 78 points last year to 94 points.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think the reality is that if they want better players to be willing to come to Ottawa, they have to trend up and have some success first. Makes it a bit difficult in that order, but Ottawa is likely seen as a basement team around the league until they aren't, and they're already swimming against the tide as a small Canadian market. Believe it when we see it sort of thing. I think this is them basically making the best out of a tough situation and I do think they'll be better for it.

Not getting league worst goaltending would be a huge change that may have immeasurable effects on the team. It's not as simple as increasing save % .025, it's about the team actually being able to play the game without having to always worry about your guy in goal letting you down.

Reactions: LiseL and SensHulk

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015

They must be banking on a miracle then because the team right now is not competitive enough for a playoff spot with so many question marks still outstanding and how tough our division is. Might happen, but its real long shot. And ya, don't see any long term cup plans either with these signings, looks more like place holders for something, and I'm worried it will be a retool for 2-3 years at least after this season.

Reactions: Cosmix

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

It’s step 1. Long term cup plans are gonna involve continuing to draft and develop, building up actual assets to make the right trades and let’s be honest, tweaking our core along the way.

Getting to the playoffs and getting experience is a win. There isn’t an overnight fix.

Reactions: LiseL

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Perron coming off a 47 point season.

Jensen had an underwhelming year but he is light years ahead of Chychrun in his own end still.

Joseph will be out

Pinto ain’t going anywhere.

Perron is 36 years old, he could fall off a CLIFF at any moment.

Tarasenko + Joseph >>> Perron + Amadio

Chychrun + Brannstrom >> Jensen + Kleven

The only hope for Ottawa is :

- we finally have a coaching staff that makes the personnel better

- Norris and Chabot are healthy all year

- our goaltending is much much better (which seems attainable at least)

- we have a guy or two coming off nowhere and become quality players for us (like Halliday or Jarventie)

This is such a shame because we had the best FUTURE in the NHL after the 2020 draft

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
It’s depressing to think about where we be if we:
A: didn’t waste 10OA on Tyler Boucher
B: didn’t move those 1st rounders for DeBrincat and Chychrun

Dorion left Staios with not much to work with… although I haven’t loved his moves so far beyond Ullmark

Reactions: Cosmix

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

- we have a guy or two coming off nowhere and become quality players for us (like Halliday or Jarventie)

This is such a shame because we had the best FUTURE in the NHL after the 2020 draft

Amadio's consistency throughout the season has been better than Joseph’s performance in the second half. Aside from the first half of last season, Joseph has been underwhelming for the past two years.

Jensen is superior to Chychrun in every defensive aspect. Plus, this is the first legitimate RD Chabot will have since DeMelo, which could help Chabot return to form with a proper partner.

I’m not ready to say Klevin is better than Brännström until I see the entire third pairing. The defensive core is improved, as we won’t have to rely on Hamonic or JBD taking regular shifts in the top four, which was necessary last year due to the imbalance of RD and LD.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

IN:
David Perron
Michael Amadio
Noah Gregor
Nick Jensen
Linus Ullmark

OUT:
Jacob Chychrun
Parker Kelly
Erik Brannstrom
Jonas Korpisalo

No question we improved. Not sure why the dissent.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Going from the presser, it sure sounds like Kleven is getting a spot. If they swap anyone out, it'll probably be JBD, but it does kind of sound like they're done.

Gregor highlighted as brought in for the PK and to bring speed to the 4th line.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Do all the chicken littles on this board live in Montreal?

We could ALL FALL OFF A CLIFF at any moment!!!

Literally everything you've written in this post is wrong.

He's like Nathan McKinnon minus the speed, hands, frame and IQ.

Or flow.

Reactions: Emerica

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

IN:
David Perron
Michael Amadio
Noah Gregor
Nick Jensen
Linus Ullmark

OUT:
Jacob Chychrun
Parker Kelly
Erik Brannstrom
Jonas Korpisalo

Kastelic is also out!

Reactions: SensHulk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad