NESN UPDATE 6/27 - Sean McDonough considering replacing Jack Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Here’s a theory… NESN decides to go with ‘announcer by committee’ and names no official announcer. The committee are paid per game.

No idea when Swayman is inked.
NESN = ESPN New England

Charlie Moore. With the dining playbook duo doing the between periods interviews.

Don't have to cover a new hire with health care.
I hate that Charlie Moore guy.

His show is garbage and he can shove a live Bass up his ass.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
McDonough or Faust would be fine by me. Even Sirott would be good.

I like Faust's PBP work but would hope that he develops some personality and chemistry with Brick being the regular rather than the substitute where he had to be safe and boring.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
McDonough or Faust would be fine by me. Even Sirott would be good.

I like Faust's PBP work but would hope that he develops some personality and chemistry with Brick being the regular rather than the substitute where he had to be safe and boring.

Based on previous posts in this and other threads, I prefer boring voices (e.g. McDonough, O’Brien, et al). McDonough and Thorne would be great. Not sure whether Thorne is interested or auditioned. I listened to him when he did PxP for University of Maine hockey. His daughter played hockey on the Old Town High School boys team. Faust and Monaco are OK. Sirott calls a clean game, but his voice and goal call aren’t top notch.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Based on previous posts in this and other threads, I prefer boring voices (e.g. McDonough, O’Brien, et al). McDonough and Thorne would be great. Not sure whether Thorne is interested or auditioned. I listened to him when he did PxP for University of Maine hockey. His daughter played hockey on the Old Town High School boys team. Faust and Monaco are OK. Sirott calls a clean game, but his voice and goal call aren’t top notch.
who hires the radio crew.... Bruins or Beasley since BEASLEY AKA 98.5 is the flagship?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Hoping it's Rask so we can blame him for every loss
Tuukka's more an ambassador.... not sure how many games he has attended after the career ending hip flexor.... which is why if this was Brick exiting, not Jack, that might be an option... it's like what we witnessed at the Centennial nights.... not every alumni is connected to the franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy