NESN UPDATE 6/27 - Sean McDonough considering replacing Jack Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Is Brickley still going to be on the broadcast? I think it's been mentioned but I forget.
yea, you'd expect Brick to be under contract.... otherwise, it'd be both slots open.... but this may have been more behind the scenes than public knowledge to the fanbase before Jack announced when he did last year....

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I’d prefer someone low key. The guy who subbed for Jack a few times last year would be fine . I watch a lot of hockey at work on my iPad mini during downtime with the sound down so it really doesn’t matter too much for me .

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I wouldn't mind McDonough but he's also 62. I wonder if NESN would want someone younger so they don't have to replace another one in less than 10 years possibly sooner depending on when he wants to retire.
Please no Judd Sirott
Dunno why you type this. I think he'd be good. Radio hockey announcers tend to be good pbp guys. Baseball guys rarely transition well to hockey because they're used to all the down time to yak about unrelated and inconsequential bs.

Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Dunno why you type this. I think he'd be good. Radio hockey announcers tend to be good pbp guys. Baseball guys rarely transition well to hockey because they're used to all the down time to yak about unrelated and inconsequential bs.
likely reasoning is then you'd have Beasley having to search for Sirott's replacement

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Sirott's soccer-esque goal call sucks. In hockey, holding the "goal"/"scores" call for anything over a beat, unless it's an OT playoff game, reeks of the announcer not reading the room.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Oh I am sure overall he's fine at his job. I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with him as a Hockey Dad. Yes, he was *that Hockey Dad.
I always liked his intermission work.

Spill.

Sirott's soccer-esque goal call sucks. In hockey, holding the "goal"/"scores" call for anything over a beat, unless it's an OT playoff game, reeks of the announcer not reading the room.
Irrational as I have literally never heard his voice, but no thanks.

Sean or Dr. Faust.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Irrational as I have literally never heard his voice, but no thanks.

Sean or Dr. Faust.

Here's a link to a regular season OT goal, but every goal call is exactly like this one. It doesn't matter; OT or 1st period, game winner or blowout, up by 4 or down by 4, Tuesday game in January vs the Sens or rivalry game vs the Habs to clinch a playoff berth, it's always the stupid soccer goal call:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Here's a link to a regular season OT goal, but every goal call is exactly like this one. It doesn't matter; OT or 1st period, game winner or blowout, up by 4 or down by 4, Tuesday game in January vs the Sens or rivalry game vs the Habs to clinch a playoff berth, it's always the stupid soccer goal call:

I see.

No thanks.

Reactions: Gordoff and jgatie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad