NESN UPDATE 6/27 - Sean McDonough considering replacing Jack Edwards

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I could get on board with pretty much anyone even if they’re not that great. I just like a consistent recognizable voice that you associate with the team over time. Cusick and Edward’s were legends so, to me anyways, Jack is a tough act to follow.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Is NESN going to give us the Red Sox torture of booth by committee?
I would rather listen to the crowd feed. Of course they would need to borrow a few mics from the Red Sox since they only use one hanging from the roof at the garden for Bruins games.

I kid but there is zero crowd noise or glass hits that one can hear watching at home on the broadcasts.

Or maybe Im losing my hearing lol

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
I would rather listen to the crowd feed. Of course they would need to borrow a few mics from the Red Sox since they only use one hanging from the roof at the garden for Bruins games.

I kid but there is zero crowd noise or glass hits that one can hear watching at home on the broadcasts.

Or maybe Im losing my hearing lol
Ice level sound has always been awful on NESN. I used to love when the playoffs were on NBC because of how well they would have the rink mic'd up, felt like you were there sometimes depending on your sound system. Now with ESPN its back to not being able to hear anything....

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ice level sound has always been awful on NESN. I used to love when the playoffs were on NBC because of how well they would have the rink mic'd up, felt like you were there sometimes depending on your sound system. Now with ESPN its back to not being able to hear anything....

TNT does do an excellent job though. Wish we could get more games there. TNT just seems to do sneaky good at covering/broadcasting every sport.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Chad Finn of the Boston Globe reported today that six potential candidates have auditioned with Andy Brickley. They include:

-Judd Sirott
-Tom Caron
-“a couple of candidates with NHL broadcasting experience outside the market”

Certainly if Sean McDonough was interested then Finn would know and report it.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If it's Tom Caron I'll just turn on the radio and sync it up to the game
TC followed a long line, if not the most successful broadcaster of all time.... one Mike "Doc" Emrick, who at the time no one knew, even Doc originally, where Portland, Maine was, TC is from Lewiston...

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Not sure if Alex Faust is/was in serious consideration. He's going to be doing CFB on FOX again this season and was promoted to the fourth team. Probably takes him out of the running.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Covington, KY
Not sure if Alex Faust is/was in serious consideration. He's going to be doing CFB on FOX again this season and was promoted to the fourth team. Probably takes him out of the running.
I personally thought he was kinda boring the few Bruins games he did last season but should probably get used to it as nobody will replace eccentric Edwards.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Please, not Tom Caron. He's excellent at studio work, but unlistenable at play by play. Doesn't actually call the plays, just blabs away while actually distracting from the action. Faust I agree seems pretty bland. Too bad McDonough seems to be not under consideration, or at least Finn didn't mention him.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Covington, KY
Please, not Tom Caron. He's excellent at studio work, but unlistenable at play by play. Doesn't actually call the plays, just blabs away while actually distracting from the action. Faust I agree seems pretty bland. Too bad McDonough seems to be not under consideration, or at least Finn didn't mention him.
First post I read this morning. Please tell me I'm still in some nightmare.

Tom caron lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad