OT: Unkown Youtube Guitar Sensations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Daneo21

Feb 24, 2010
Edmonton
i guess ill chime in on this action... its nice to finally have a thread that isnt so negative haha

anyways here is a gem in Fernando Miyata

Rafael Moreira (Guitarist for Pink... was also lead guitarist in the house band for rockstar inxs, also has a band called Magnetico)

This song has one of my favorite solos (starts at around 2:00 mark)

Marcus Deml (has a band called Errorhead)...
Solo starts at 2:15

Solo at 2:52

I found this guy named Julian Lage on YT he is a jazz prodigy... might not be everyones style but the dude is insane

Here is a gypsy jazz song he does in a trio, theres a few solos here and there

Owen Campbell busks all over the world for a living

a guy that goes by Nickstermc on YT, has tons of videos

ill post more later

orangeshinpads

Jan 27, 2007
Vancouver

Not unknown, but not super famous either.
He plays two separate lines on the fingerboard at the same time.

Link isn't working. I wanted to post Eleanor Rigby by Stanley Jordan.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
many who do watch Game of Thrones may recognize this man who played Ilyn Payne, but not many do know who he is. it's Wilko Johnson, who played guitar at Dr. Feelgood and then with Ian Dury. his manner of playing is absolutely unique. he's not your usual shredder or note-runner, his guitar just howls and spits notes out frantically, and this sound mayhem is just delightful. so sad that the great man is about to succumb to cancer.

Oct 15, 2008
Not exactly unknown, but I bet he is to many, which is a damn shame. Canadian player, just an exceptional guitarist. Over 40yrs playing full time.

His playing reminds me of T-Bone Walker, who I love. His tone is amazing, clean but full and rich, not dry and thin. He almost passed a couple/few years ago due to a heart attack/cardiac arrest.

http://www.cbc.ca/manitoba/scene/music/2011/10/15/winnipeg-bluesman-brent-parkin-keeps-the-angel-of-death-at-bay/

Not sure if he has gone out on the road since, but he still plays locally (Winnipeg). If you ever get a chance to catch him live, do it! You wont be disappointed.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

A guy who is well known (in metal circles anyway) named Evan Brewer (The Faceless) does a wicked Hendrix medley (Voodoo Chile/Hey Joe/Little Wing/Fire) on bass. Also plays 2 basses at once on a song called "Currency" that is worth a look.

As for lesser knowns you would only find on YouTube, I liked an acoustic version of Black Sabbath's "Spiral Architect" by a guy named Phil Jaques. Nothing amazing, but he gives it a classical touch that sounds pretty cool.

Sorry I didn't put up the videos (maybe someone can for me if they like these suggestions), but I don't know how to imbed from an iPad.

Kudos for starting another one of these threads. I remember the one two years ago, the poster Ghostbuster put up a vid of Animals as Leaders. Had never heard of them at the time, now they're one of my favourite bands.

Oct 15, 2008
Thanks for that.

Found one of Phil Jaques doing Sabbath Bloody Sabbath on acoustic. Not bad.

Here is Spiral Architect. Its a forty video playlist with lots of other Sabbath covers. Enjoy.

Bah! Cant get the vid to work, so here is a link to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4GlIyKXJgw&list=PL527A16256494F77B&index=14

Here is Jaques with a cool rendition of Pink Floyd's Time.

This guy's youtube channel is a goldmine. Thanks!

Oh yeah, and his take on The Void is AFREAKINMAZING!

Here is the Hendrix Medley with Evan Brewer.

Very cool. Talented dude.

Thanks for these.

Last edited:

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Here is one Finnish guy. The video is from a time he was still a nobody. Even today he is unknown to most. But I think this is the best thing I've seen in youtube for a long time:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad