OT: Unkown Youtube Guitar Sensations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Oct 15, 2008
Havent done a guitar/music thread for a while. These used to be popular once upon a time. There are a fair number of musicians and hobbyists that frequent the board. Thought it would be a good time to share some of the gems we have found on youtube, in whatever style.

This guy is one of my favourites. Here is his story.......http://nuzzaci.com/tag/kent-carlevi/

Here he is in action....

Who is he? Is he just some schmo? Someone famous perhaps? Lots of good/amazing talents that nobody has ever heard of on youtube. Let me know what you have found and share it with the rest of us.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

This girl has the most amazing piano covers. This one in particular is mind blowing.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

This guy's been around for a long time and never taken off. Some of the most impressive stuff I've seen, but some of it can get pretty out there. Believe I've posted him before.

This guy was a Youtube prodigy back in the day... not a fan of the newer stuff though.

Guy from Japan who does some neat stuff with a plug-in acoustic. Didn't actually know about sliding capos until this one.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2008
Bob Zabek's playing is pretty compelling. Although I do find he gets too frantic at times. But it is pretty cool that he is as good as he is, and you can tell he lives it. Looks like he lives in semi-squalor in some basement or studio apt somewhere and just plays. All the time.

That's pretty cool.

His trippy "Born under a Bad Sign" is pretty cool.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Good to see another thread like this.

I used this kids song on a video I did with Yaks and Zharkov.

Anton Oparin - And Now:

Scary thing is he looks bored and half asleep doing this. Crazy.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
just post Allan Holdsworth vids

14 year old is just doing alternate picking riffs with some variant short "licks" in the same tempo. not a huge deal. for 14 he's solid, for sure, but i'm not into the mega backing track masking a lot of the playing/accuracy. just cue up Jason Becker at 15 - http://youtu.be/mBT2x-EttEQ

out on the rest

Oct 15, 2008
PDXguitarfreak is one of my favourites. Plays the music Im into, and does a lot of collaborating with another guitar player (Satchboogie-another favourite) as well as a bassist (the original sadly passed a couple years ago), a drummer and vocalist. They send in their parts (video/audio), and he patches them altogether to make videos. Nice guy who will answer any questions you may have too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4whxYvUB-8&list=PLCD39E92DC8E9E924

Last edited:

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
I dont know about you guys, but sandwiching in Michael Jackson in between Dio and Van Halen is just wrong.

Eddie Van Halen played the solo in beat it.....

van-halen-beat-it.jpg

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
Taimane Gardner has been my little precious for quite a time now. she is all things one could desire from a musician to be. but, being more of a bass guy, i can't pass on the opportunity to share my other little precious. Esperanza Spalding is not exactly a sensation anymore, but i'm sure many haven't heard about her.

but to stay on topic, here's one Alex Staroveroff who i've been lucky to know and even have jammed with. he's bloody good.

Hockey Buddha

Darnell Nurse
Aug 24, 2005
New material from the Pixies

Unknown? Not really. The Pixies were a highly significant band from the 1990s. Quite innovative and highly influential. The good news for their fans is that they're finally creating music again (unfortunately sans bass player Kim Deal). Their new single, Bagboy, is below. Sounds like they're kind of kicking out the cobwebs a bit, but, hey, it's a new Pixies' song. Enjoy, if you're a fan. If not: :p:

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
I am aware. But that song still sucks. And the "riff" the guy was playing was not the solo.

Sometimes I think, hey, IATL ain't all bad, he's not a complete *****. I actually agree with this guy once in awhile, even though he loves to start **** too much I still respect his opinions. This is one case of 1 step forward, 100 steps back...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad