Uniforms of yesteryear

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Any word on gold socks?
Long before the Oakland A's white cleats, my first Bruin Hockey Hero, Mr. Don McKenney had a golden touch (and pants).

1692622417344.png

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
1692784724530.jpeg

Vastly underrated uniform. I didn’t appreciate them enough while the Bruins had them. If the Bruins went back to these, I think that would be pretty great.

1692784873664.jpeg

This is my favorite for obvious reasons. I prefer the Reebok numbers, letters, and yellow socks (not shown) to what they’re wearing today.

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Beautiful, but I hate that collar. Way too thick. I'd like a thinner one that tapers in the front to meet the NHL logo.
This is the last year for Adidas.

Their collars have been a mess.

The V necks are either too thick like you mentioned, or they look ridiculous if they try to taper like the Penguins.
1692823236689.png

As far as the Bruins, I think we get something close to the 80s/early to mid 90s for the anniversary home and away, minus the meth bear. Sounds like the centennial logo will be on at least one shoulder.

1692823320107.png

Sounds like the alternate will be brown which, fine, I guess. They’re going to wear it against the Original 6. I’d rather see them wear their classic look.

The Bruins have tweaked their look more than the other Original 6 clubs. If it were me, I’d go back to either the 70s or the 80s-95 and call it a day.

Stop messing with it.

Do a Gold alternate if you must.

And stick with gold socks.

Black socks = Penguins

Attachments

• 1692823170554.png
    1692823170554.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: rfournier103

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

The V necks are either too thick like you mentioned, or they look ridiculous if they try to taper like the Penguins.
View attachment 738294

As far as the Bruins, I think we get something close to the 80s/early to mid 90s for the anniversary home and away, minus the meth bear. Sounds like the centennial logo will be on at least one shoulder.

View attachment 738295

Sounds like the alternate will be brown which, fine, I guess. They’re going to wear it against the Original 6. I’d rather see them wear their classic look.

The Bruins have tweaked their look more than the other Original 6 clubs. If it were me, I’d go back to either the 70s or the 80s-95 and call it a day.

Stop messing with it.

Black socks = Penguins

I'm not sure a single gold Bruins jersey has ever looked bad. Most of them are gorgeous. (The OG Pooh Bear doesn't count cause that was yellow, not gold.)

Reactions: Patdud

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

View attachment 738295

Stop messing with it.

Black socks = Penguins
I agree with this.

The tweaks are annoying. The Bruins should have the best uniforms in the NHL. The Canadiens; Blackhawks; Red Wings; and Rangers (aside from numerous alternate jerseys) have kept their classic looks for as long as I can remember. The Bruins and Leafs, however, can’t seem to get their shit together when it comes to uniforms and logos. No idea why.

The Bruins brand sells itself… all the tweaks are unnecessary. Just find a good look and stick with it! They’re the most popular NHL team in the US (TV ratings don’t lie) and the third most popular team in the NHL. Bruins fans turn out in every NHL city on both sides of the border, and our fan base deserves an epic centennial jersey. Like the Bourque/Neely jersey with the centennial patch on the shoulder like you suggested.

Edit: And gold socks.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

View attachment 738294

View attachment 738295

Stop messing with it.

Black socks = Penguins
I absolutely hate, hate, hate the idea of using brown in any version of the Bruins uniforms ---- (I know the history).

They are the Black and Gold!

Brown is a terrible color to put on any athletic uniform.

Even the bears avoid brown for their uniforms and go with blue, white and orange, almost exclusively.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I agree with this.

The tweaks are annoying. The Bruins should have the best uniforms in the NHL. The Canadiens; Blackhawks; Red Wings; and Rangers (aside from numerous alternate jerseys) have kept their classic looks for as long as I can remember. The Bruins and Leafs, however, can’t seem to get their shit together when it comes to uniforms and logos. No idea why.

The Bruins brand sells itself… all the tweaks are unnecessary. Just find a good look and stick with it! They’re the most popular NHL team in the US (TV ratings don’t lie) and the third most popular team in the NHL. Bruins fans turn out in every NHL city on both sides of the border, and our fan base deserves an epic centennial jersey. Like the Bourque/Neely jersey with the centennial patch on the shoulder like you suggested.

Edit: And gold socks.
Harry wanted the same logo on the home and away unis when they moved into the FleetCenter.

The rebrand in 2007 to the Reebok Edge set paid homage to the 70s unis while keeping the black heavy striping of the white FleetCenter set.

The Rangers briefly deviated from their classic look in the 70s Esposito years. Then John Ferguson took that look with him to Winnipeg when they came over from the WHA.

And now I’m starting to sound like @Fenway.

I’ll geek out on sports uniforms all day.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Harry wanted the same logo on the home and away unis when they moved into the FleetCenter.

The rebrand in 2007 to the Reebok Edge set paid homage to the 70s unis while keeping the black heavy striping of the white FleetCenter set.

The Rangers briefly deviated from their classic look in the 70s Esposito years. Then John Ferguson took that look with him to Winnipeg when they came over from the WHA.

And now I’m starting to sound like @Fenway.

I’ll geek out on sports uniforms all day.
I remember both of those Bruins rebrands. My excitement over the “Fleece Center” uniforms was short-lived, but I loved the change to the Reebok uniforms. Especially the bear secondary logo. That rebrand also coincided with the most success the Bruins have had except for the 1970s.

If they went back to the 1980s uniforms with a different, and more ferocious-looking bear and the centennial spoked-B, that would be what *I* would like to see.

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I absolutely hate, hate, hate the idea of using brown in any version of the Bruins uniforms ---- (I know the history).

They are the Black and Gold!

Brown is a terrible color to put on any athletic uniform.

Even the bears avoid brown for their uniforms and go with blue, white and orange, almost exclusively.
Even the Cleveland Browns use what looks like the darkest shade of brown and put more prominence into the orange color instead.

Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad