Pre-Game Talk: Undomesticated Dogs at Dressed up Birds, tweets, Shelly Game Show, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly 1h

Chris Conner has orthopedic boot on left foot, Dupuis walked on ice and put skates on at his seat for #Penguins team photo.

Looks like #Penguins Olympians are getting day off from practice--Crosby, Malkin, Orpik, Maatta, Jokinen.

Bylsma: Bennett will remain with WBS of AHL and play Wednesday. #Penguins

And now, for the important stuff:

It's Monday, which means it's time for another edition of the game show sweeping the nation: "I haven't Really Thought about it with Shelly Anderson." I haven't really thought about it is a game where HFBoard posters/contestants ask chat questions of Ms. Anderson. Sometimes anonymously. Always hilariously. Click the link and go down the rabbit hole with us.

#Penguins chat at 2:30 p.m. Eastern. You can post questions beforehand. http://www.post-gazette.com/chat

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You guys going to hit that yard pretty hard?

She needs a new garden project anyways for the summer if the Pens fail to compete.

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
Alright; I submitted my question. It's almost definitely not going to be answered.

Regardless, it will be amusing watching the transcript while I'm stuck in hospital. Go get 'em guys.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
This attitude right here sums up everything that is wrong with Dan Bylsma, the media, and a portion of the fanbase.

Comment From Concerned
Do you think the dubious roster choices will cost this team in the playoffs? Favortism of, say, Glass and Adams and the dislike of players like Despres doesn't seem like it ends well.

Lot of subjective observations by you, and not sure I fully agree. There is little question Dan Bylsma likes what Craig Adams and Tanner Glass add, defensively and in terms of grit, plus in shorthanded situations. If they Penguins come undone in the playoffs, it seems more likely that it will be because their elite talent faltered

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
This attitude right here sums up everything that is wrong with Dan Bylsma, the media, and a portion of the fanbase.

Comment From Concerned
Do you think the dubious roster choices will cost this team in the playoffs? Favortism of, say, Glass and Adams and the dislike of players like Despres doesn't seem like it ends well.

Lot of subjective observations by you, and not sure I fully agree. There is little question Dan Bylsma likes what Craig Adams and Tanner Glass add, defensively and in terms of grit, plus in shorthanded situations. If they Penguins come undone in the playoffs, it seems more likely that it will be because their elite talent faltered

that-is-why-you-fail-Yoda-Quote-Masters-in-Philosopy-650x415.jpg

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

Comment From Concerned

Am I wrong in reading this as saying that Sid and Geno have to carry the team in the playoffs, and if they don't it's their fault for the loss?

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Safe to say Fleury starts tomorrow?

Mar 25, 2012 - W 5-2 over NJD
Mar 25, 2011 - W 1-0 over NJD
Mar 25, 2009 - W 2-0 over CGY
Mar 25, 2008 - W 2-0 over NJD
Mar 25, 2007 - W 5-0 over BOS

Summary:
5-0-0, 0.39 GAA, .986 SV%, 4 shutouts

Fordy

May 28, 2008
consecutive softball questions from Die Familie and La Famiglia... interesting

the family conspiracy goes all the way to the top

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Also: when does this thing usually go til? I'm usually in class when it happens but I'm on spring break this week, woop woop.

3:00.

It's interesting that she's twice mentioned that she's going to have an article in tomorrow's Post-Gazette.

It seems like she's prepared for today.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
this chat is incredibly stupid

Yeah, I mean, Shelly Anderson would be one of the last people I would go to for a hockey opinion.

I know people are interested in it because of her access to the coach and players, but honestly, expecting much from her is asking a lot.

I mean, yeah, it does reinforce the premise of the other thread. And that is, our media, for the most part, sucks when it comes to hockey.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Am I wrong in reading this as saying that Sid and Geno have to carry the team in the playoffs, and if they don't it's their fault for the loss?

That's exactly how I took it. It's so very sad to me that this is the attitude that's out there. Maybe one day the media and the organization will realize it takes more than two players to win a Stanley Cup.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010

Basically, yeah. We have slim chances of winning if Sid and Geno don't combine for 4-6 points in any given game. Since this is unrealistic, them "not showing up when it matters" will be the popular explanation for us failing.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Here's another gem

Comment From Re Jean
Is this Bylsma's last chance to not have an embarrassing playoff exit? Or Fleury's for that matter?

I don't know if Dan Byslma's job is on the line. I doubt that's the way general manager Ray Shero thinks. I do know that Bylsma wasn't the one who didn't score against Boston or the one who let the Flyers get under his skin a year earlier.

I can't.. I just.. what?

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
2:45
Comment From Re Jean
Is this Bylsma's last chance to not have an embarrassing playoff exit? Or Fleury's for that matter?

2:46
I don't know if Dan Byslma's job is on the line. I doubt that's the way general manager Ray Shero thinks. I do know that Bylsma wasn't the one who didn't score against Boston or the one who let the Flyers get under his skin a year earlier.

So Bylsma's not at all at fault for the playoff losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad