Underated bottom six players

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
some analytics guys have him up in selke contention

These guys need to get off their computers and watch more games. The guy has been dragging down his line all season. Go check out any game day thread in the Penguins section to see what people are saying who watch every game.

ZARs stats are largely representative of who he has been playing with.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Ok everyone... take off your rose coloured glasses and answer again!

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
These guys need to get off their computers and watch more games. The guy has been dragging down his line all season. Go check out any game day thread in the Penguins section to see what people are saying who watch every game.

ZARs stats are largely representative of who he has been playing with.

it's just same guys who think Drai should be ~30 in Hart ranking so yeah..
like I get is people argue MacK/Eichel over Drai but to not have Drai in your top 3/4 is criminal

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007

like I get is people argue MacK/Eichel over Drai but to not have Drai in your top 3/4 is criminal

Not even sure how he is considered Selke when he is an offensive black hole.

If there was a purely defensive award based on advanced stats, sure he might win something.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007

Whatever model they are using is definitely a terrible predictor of who will win the Selke. Will those guys even get any Selke votes? Maybe Bjorkstrand?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I agree with Archibald... late bloomer and seems to do everything right. Hopefully he gets extended very soon as he is starting to look like a brilliant add by Holland.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Doc Ryan.
Cane fans were all laughing at Calgary picking this guy up. Turns out, he's really, really, really good. Has been a dominant 3rd line C for us.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
That's not the point.

People acknowledged in 2015 that Cizikas is good.

Who underrates Cizikas?
I don’t think Cizikas is overrated. But thanks I understand the context of your post now. Good to know some value him around The NHL other than isles fans.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don’t think Cizikas is overrated. But thanks I understand the context of your post now. Good to know some value him around The NHL other than isles fans.
Oh yeah, it's pretty much consensus from what I've seen that he's effective.

Not bottom six, but for underrated on the Islanders, I'd go with Pulock or Toews. Especially Toews.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Joel Eriksson-Ek. Apparently he gets under players skins to draw penalties and is a pest to play against.

Plus the dude is a plus player drawing the other team's top line when possible.

He is pacing for 40 points with no power play time, and the toughrst minutes on the Wild. If he can get his fo % over 50, he could be a Selke candidate.

Reactions: hn777

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

upload_2020-2-19_13-9-33.gif

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Gotta love Sheahan and Archibald in Edmonton!

Plz resign both:D:D:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad