Unbelievable goal by Mikael Granlund

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
I don't know why NHLers don't try that. It's pretty effective if you can pick up the puck quickly.

Because 9 times out of 10 it will fail and you will look like a dumbass. Im sure most players can do that in their sleep, in game situations are much different though.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Didn't think I'd ever see the Michigan pulled off in a game.
Despite the fact that the Michigan itself was pulled in a game? ;)

This one is actually a bit different in that he didn't cup the puck with his forehand closed on top of the puck like players normally do. I think it's actually easier to do it that way than the way he did (unless the puck is on edge a tiny bit).

Great goal, though. Especially since he did it so quickly after making a move around a defenseman.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I don't want to be biased, but this is the prettiest goal ever done in a game of this caliber/importance.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
It's soooo classless though. Gotta respect the game. Ask Omark.
Yeah I think that's the reason why players don't try it too. I remember Cherry saying something about that move when Crosby did it. Still, if you can pick the puck up quickly this move seems to be pretty difficult to defend against and a curve ball to the usual centering pass or wraparound.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
That. Was. Awesome. He never stops, he just casually makes that move while never even slowing down his skating.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Madude

Jan 25, 2011
Just amazing. Like not enough words to descripe it's greatness. :bow:

Last edited:

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
how is it classless?? i really dont why people moan when a player scored an amazing goal like omark did in the shoo-out

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I don't know why NHLers don't try that. It's pretty effective if you can pick up the puck quickly.

International ice is bigger and therefore they have more room... In the NHL they'd have a player on them all the time and wouldn't really be able to maneuver as easily.

I'm sure if it was possible it would be done... The NHL is more physical and on smaller ice... Not easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad