Confirmed with Link: Ullmark signs 4 years 8.25

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
100% agreed. I know these days teams run a tandem, but we need Ullmark to beat his career high of 49 starts. Hopefully he can become a guy that plays 60+ games this year, been so long since any keeper has played 60 games for us

I would be happy with anything North of 55. Last year’s Stanley Cup winner played 84 games in net, that’s too much of a workload for any goalie. The sweet spot is 55ish, Forsberg needs to up his games for those 25 to 30 games he starts.

Reactions: bicboi64

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Ullmark has only topped 55 games once in his entire career at any level counting RS and POs. He does seem very much like a 50-plus-or-minus-5 games sort of guy. I doubt he hits 60 unless we make the playoffs and manage to do at least a little bit of damage.

Even if Forsberg can do better than his usual 50/50 (okay, 55/45, I'll be nice), Ullmark is going to need to win upwards of 70% of his games if we're going to make the playoffs. That means Boston numbers.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Just for reference, the goalies with the most starts last year were:
  1. Saros with 64
  2. Georgiev with 63
  3. Hellebuyck with 60.
Therefore, I’d say Ullmark would hopefully give us 60 games.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
It's a risk. Word was Buffalo was unhappy with him not wanting to play a lot. Lets pray he can play a lot of games, and wants to play. His limited playoff numbers are yuuukkkkk
I hope he has decided its time to be the man
Well, he must've changed his mind. Based on what I read on Boston board, both he and Swayman wanted to be starters. Then on one of the interviews after the trade (sorry, can't remember which one), he mentioned he was looking forward to being a starter as the more you play, the more you get into a groove and don't have to think about your reactions, it just comes naturally. The only concern I have if he plays 60+ games is he may run out of gas come playoff time, assuming Sens get in.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
He'll be 7th in terms of goalie cap hits next year so he better play the 7th most games at the least. This year he can go easy and just hit a career high in starts (anything above 49)

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ullmark said specifically that when seeking his next opportunity, he wanted a high workload as the main guy. Leaving Boston was in large part driven by it being a tandem.

I'm betting he'll break 60 if he stays healthy and the split will be 62/20.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
What?

If this guy is a risk, then I guess we should only sign 1 year contracts from now on.

Best overall goalie stats in the past 2 years (someone else posted that, so may be off).

Recent Vezina winner.

Entire career with + save%

Clearly a leader and person that won't settle for mediocrity.

His preseason alone shows me there is no risk. His presence in net is a stark contrast to what we have seen for at least 5 years.

How anyone can put a negative spin on this is beyond me. Great goalies make great teams, it is that simple.
Linus has a lot of charisma, something you don't see often in goalies. Reminds me of Brodeur in that regard. Love that he's on our team.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Early impressions of Ullmark are great. But, at 8.25, he's paid to be a work horse... not some ferrari you take out of the garage once a week for a spin. He better give us 50 starts this season or we're in trouble. Forsberg, these days, is not conveying a sense of dependability.
Personally, I expect him to play around 55 games. He played 50 games 2 years ago (his vezina year) so I don't think playing an extra 5 games is going to affect his performance overall. One of the things he wanted was to be a starter, not a tandem. He said during one of his earlier interviews after the trade that the more he plays, the more he gets into a groove where reactions come automatically, no thinking involved. I think he'll be just fine, barring injury.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
It's a risk. Word was Buffalo was unhappy with him not wanting to play a lot. Lets pray he can play a lot of games, and wants to play. His limited playoff numbers are yuuukkkkk
I hope he has decided its time to be the man
This is wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad