Confirmed with Link: Ullmark signs 4 years 8.25

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Daccord is younger, played 50 games (versus 40 for Ullmark) and put up 2.46gaa and .916sv% compared to Ullmark's 2.55gaa and .915sv%. We're paying for a longer track record but there's no way if you removed the names that you'd suggest the second stat line is worth $3.25M more per season.
Yes, everyone knows that the best way to evaluate goalies is by looking at Just One Season - especially when that season is a huge progression/deviation from the rest of his career.

Signed,
Martin Gerber
Andrew Hammond
Joonas Korpisalo
etc

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I am enamored with this guy, the love and respect he shows his wife and children and how he continually mentions it all the time that what he is doing and the decisions that he’s making are for them. Love this guy.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
This is the official test.

If this one doesn't work out, we're the problem.

But honestly, even if ottawa is the goalie graveyard it's rumored to be, we still want the best guy in there.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Yes, everyone knows that the best way to evaluate goalies is by looking at Just One Season - especially when that season is a huge progression/deviation from the rest of his career.

Signed,
Martin Gerber
Andrew Hammond
Joonas Korpisalo
etc
Right. As opposed to the absolute hallmark of consistency the position has become known for.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I think us ruining goalies is how this deal got done. Linus doesn't want to risk getting hung out to dry by the sens system in a contract year so he inked now.

He shorted his own stock.

...and for us, even if our system shells goalies, we still want the best one we can get in net to stem the bleeding.

Win-win.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Ottawa played this well. Brought him Ullmark and made him feel important and like a core member of the leadership right away. They let him take the spot lot over the past few weeks and probably had the right guys talk to him like Alfie about Ottawa who can relate as a fellow swede.

In contrast to bringing in DBC and playing him on the second PP unit to start the year. There is a difference in how Ottawa is trying to show Ullmark that this team is great while previous management seem to trade for a player then play them in positions that didn't make sense for them

Reactions: senswon

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
In my opinion, it is no coincidence that he signed just a couple of days after Swayman did.
It would seem he was just waiting to see what his buddy Swayman got.

It wouldn't surprise me if this deal has been done for a little bit, but they wanted to wait to announce it until right before the home opener.

Swayman may have also played a part.

The point is, I think both sides probably talked and knew the general parameters of what was important to each side.

Finally acquired & signed an NHL goalie with Vezina Pedigree. Haven't had one since Hasek.

Anderson had at least one Vezina tier season, but I get what you're saying.

I think Anderson has gotten more appreciation over the last few years compared to when he was here, because the last 6 or so seasons have been a crash course in how difficult it can be to get a goalie here. Ullmark should hopefully be the solution to that.

Reactions: mysens

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
The full Debrincat implication?

Doesn't look so bad in retrospect.

OUT:
Kevin Korchinski (#7)
Joonas Korpisalo (cap dump - 4 years @ $3M)
Paul Ludwinski (#39)
AJ Spellacy (#72)
Mark Kastelik

IN:
Javon Moore
Donovan Sebrango
Alex Debrincat (1 year)
Dominik Kubalik (1 Year)
Linus Ullmark (1 year @ 5M, 4 years @ $8.25M)

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Where would you guys rank Ullmark compared to these others.... taking contracts into consideration:

Hellebuyck 8.5M
Swayman 8.25
Ullmark 8.25
Sorokin 8.25
Saros 7.7

Markstorm might be the bargain of the NHL at 4.125M. If he gives the Devils .910 save percentage this season, that is outstanding value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad