Player Discussion Ulf Dahlén

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Anyone here remember this guy?

What are you guys memories of him? What did he bring to the ice?

just curious. I have a thing for retired swedes.

ulfdahlen1.jpg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Part of the greatest tone setting line I’ve ever seen for the Caps.

We would start the game and throw him, Kono and I can’t remember the 3rd person (Halpern maybe)out there for the opening shift and they would hem the other team up in their own zone for almost the entire shift…fantastic bottom/middle 6’er.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Really hard to knock off the puck, he played so hard behind the other teams goal. He used to take the puck wide over the blue line and open his skates so they are opposing and just fly around defenders behind the net, but it let him see the whole middle of the ice, where Kono and Halpern would then fill in and cycle endlessly until someone broke up. Best 3rd line in all of hockey for a few years.

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
From the perspective of someone who watched him from ages 6-8, I always really liked him because I thought his name was cool. I think I named a Pokemon after him in Pokemon Blue, but I can't remember what Pokemon he was. All I remember for sure is that I named a Clefable after Brendan Witt. Some day I'd like to meet Brendan so I can tell him that, I think he'd be honored.

I hope that answers your question OP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad