Confirmed with Link: Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen Signed for 5 years 4.75 AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If there is no NTC/NMC involved, it’s fine. I think 5 is a little long on term, but it teams are seeming always willing to give goalies a second chance, so barring a major implosion this contract should be movable if things don’t work out.
Per PuckPedia, 5 team NTC in the last two years (26-27 and 27-28).

Adams must really like his 5-team NTCs because he's given it to Thompson, Cozens, and Power as well.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Wow! I know Adams said they were interested in signing short, medium or long term contract with UPL, but I'm still surprised they got him for 5 years.

My EH sub. ran out. What projection did they list for 5 years (money and % liklihood)?

I think Adams learned from Ullmark.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Adams must really like his 5-team NTCs because he's given it to Thompson, Cozens, and Power as well.

It's nice to have that small of a concession on so many deals.

Yeah, no problem with this kind of NTC. Shouldn't prevent any trades if we need to go that route.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I'm okay with this contract. It's workable in just about any eventuality.

It used to be that a 5-team no trade list was really a 4 team list.

Arizona Plus 4 others. :D

Wonder who is the automatic no trade these days? Probably one of the Canadian teams.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wow! I know Adams said they were interested in signing short, medium or long term contract with UPL, but I'm still surprised they got him for 5 years.

My EH sub. ran out. What projection did they list for 5 years (money and % liklihood)?

I think Adams learned from Ullmark.

Hey @Jim Bob, do you have the EH estimate?

Reactions: Jacob582

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
UPL is a good lesson for a lot of young players to keep working and keep going no matter what. Injuries. Limited AHL time (and never settled in to any real success there). Three goalie BS where he was often the third goalie. They wouldn’t let him on the ice down the stretch when they had a chance two years ago. He was obviously not the starting plan last year if nothing else…they were ready to ride Levi which immediately proved misguided. There hasn’t been one year between his great junior season and last year where he had things break his way in one place. And he kept going. And now he got himself a nice deal with security and a net he earned. Just keep working no matter how many things happen out of your control.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006

I'm surprised players don't push for a 7-team NTC, so they can remain in the US if they wanted to.

Gotta say I was not a UPL believer in the 22-23 season. Glad he was able to prove the haters (i.e. me) wrong.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm surprised players don't push for a 7-team NTC, so they can remain in the US if they wanted to.

Gotta say I was not a UPL believer in the 22-23 season. Glad he was able to prove the haters (i.e. me) wrong.

Maybe there are places in Canada he wouldn't mind? Or just that he expects he wouldn't be traded in the division so Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal are already out.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

This is what I mean. And why I’d have gone five years all day long. If Levi emerges as a star…it almost certainly won’t get him paid big money in the next couple of years just based on opportunity. Which means for the next few years you have two legit chances at good to great goalies on a reasonable total dollar. And as long as UPL doesn’t have three terrible years in a row…you’ll be able to move him easy when Levi has to get paid. They have a very good medium term goalie situation and can worry about what to do about it later if they both play well. This doesnt put Levi in an Askarov spot with a proven stud locked in forever. It puts the organization in position to have two legit shots at having a strong 1 for a long time. I believe Levi will be the better goalie in the end. But now I can get him plenty of starts in Rochester for another year and then start moving towards that Boston model if I’m right. Maybe not 50/50 after this year…but it could definitely happen after two. And then you make financial choices if you have to. And you’re covered as much as possible if you don’t. And after three years If Levi is the man and can’t be denied? He’ll only be UPLs age NOW. He’s stupid young and now there is no more misguided need to throw him in deep water.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The term is the biggest concern for me, but having Levi in the ranks and on a ELC makes it easier for me to stomach.

That being said, I have no issue with Adams betting on UPL. We could have a killer duo in net for the foreseeable future. That's a nice change of pace compared to what we've had since Miller.

I have to credit Adams for that. It was a rough ride, but the goaltending is looking really nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad