Confirmed with Link: UHC signs Dylan Guenther to 8x$7,142,857M extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
It doesn't sound like a typical Bill Armstrong contract! I wonder if McBain extorted the money!
At least they can pay their water bill now.
Surprised, but okay with it!
Also, could it look like an incentive for all the other young 'uns?

Reactions: sundance74

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Great deal! Goal scoring costs the most, but remember he actually plays defense and played on the penalty kill, so it's not just paying for goals to justify any "overpay."

It'll be overpay for like half a season tops, and then it'll be well under market-value for the remainder of the deal.

Might also be a good model for the other up and coming guys to get signed early. You hit on enough of these and you have the capspace to add another top-line contract with the savings.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
It's kinda funny how we thought Keller's contract was unfair at 1st and now it looks like one of the best contracts in the NHL. Expecting this contract to eventually look like a bargain too.
Funny about those posting on the main board saying it's a bad contract.
Great deal! Goal scoring costs the most, but remember he actually plays defense and played on the penalty kill, so it's not just paying for goals to justify any "overpay."

It'll be overpay for like half a season tops, and then it'll be well under market-value for the remainder of the deal.

Might also be a good model for the other up and coming guys to get signed early. You hit on enough of these and you have the capspace to add another top-line contract with the savings.
You are mistaken about being worth it for this upcoming season. He is still on his ELC and it doesn't kick in until next year.

He misspoke. It is for 8 years starting next year. He should have said for the next 9 years!

Last edited:
Reactions: PainForShane

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
That's crazy money and crazy term for a guy with 109 professional games. I hope this is because BA sees emotional maturity beyond Dylan Strome, Brendan Perlini and Max Domi ... something he's willing to bet the farm on. Because this is crazy money and crazy term.

Reactions: Half Clapper

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Dropped in to say that while this cap hit may seem like a lot, it's still less than what we would've been paying OEL (8.25 through 2026-2027) had we not been able to dump him on Vancouver while also receiving actual assets (like future Guenther).

Either way not the worst gamble for a potential borderline elite goal scorer, at this point I feel Bill Armstrong's earned the benefit of the doubt

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Whoa BA , all of this money burning a hole?

This is definitely a risk ,but could pay off huge…if Gunther flops, I wonder how this affects us down the road?

Time will tell

Dropped in to say that while this cap hit may seem like a lot, it's still less than what we would've been paying OEL (8.25 through 2026-2027) had we not been able to dump him on Vancouver while also receiving actual assets (like future Guenther).

Either way not the worst gamble for a potential borderline elite goal scorer, at this point I feel Bill Armstrong's earned the benefit of the doubt
Yeah , I think he has earned that for sure

Reactions: PainForShane

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think part of the back diving of the contract is a little bust protection for the club as the buyout for a player under 26?? I think would be a lot less. Calculated risk.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
I think if they had done a bridge deal, Dylan would have shot the lights out during that contract, then, commanded much more in a long-term deal. Locking him up early is a good idea. If he's a stud, it's a steal. If he flames out, it's easier to trade off during the later years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad