GDT: UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Reis

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I don't think so. Joanna is much faster, better technique and she moves way better. Karolina who is master of counter-striking didn't have anything besides one lucky punch against Joanna and KO wasn't even close. Rest of fight was all way Joanna dominating. I can't really see Rose being anyway better striker than Karolina. Rose is excellent in ground, but Joanna is master of wasting their opponents stamina at ground, like she did in second fight with Gadelha.

Hmmm, if you watch the Karolina vs Rose fight, i thought it was fairly obvious that Rose was the much better open range striker whereas Karolina was the better close range striker. KK's clinching game was the thing that got her that fight.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Hmmm, if you watch the Karolina vs Rose fight, i thought it was fairly obvious that Rose was the much better open range striker whereas Karolina was the better close range striker. KK's clinching game was the thing that got her that fight.

I didn't really even know about that fight. Maybe next time do some research before saying dumb ****. Anyway KK could be pretty good at clinch but she didn't find any success with clinch against Joanna. For me it was mismatch, JJ made him look like amateur and KK one lucky shot doesn't change that. I think JJ opponents feels very frustrated after fights, they are best fighters of the world, but every time skill difference between Joanna and her opponent is huge. Too fast too strong. If we compare JJ combos to any other female fighter, difference is night and day.

Maybe i should take little bit deeper look to Rose vs KK to get little bit more data about which one is better striker. Anyway Rose didn't find a way to finish KK with his submissions or any other way and fact is Joanna is much better at every part of the game than KK.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Robbie deserves a title shot.

Personally I'd love to see him fight Rockhold.

Asiantuntija said:
I didn't really even know about that fight. Maybe next time do some research before saying dumb ****. Anyway KK could be pretty good at clinch but she didn't find any success with clinch against Joanna. For me it was mismatch, JJ made him look like amateur and KK one lucky shot doesn't change that. I think JJ opponents feels very frustrated after fights, they are best fighters of the world, but every time skill difference between Joanna and her opponent is huge. Too fast too strong. If we compare JJ combos to any other female fighter, difference is night and day.

Maybe i should take little bit deeper look to Rose vs KK to get little bit more data about which one is better striker. Anyway Rose didn't find a way to finish KK with his submissions or any other way and fact is Joanna is much better at every part of the game than KK.

JJ is obviously the class of the division, but you're not giving enough credit to Rose.

Rose manages and understands distance better than anyone JJ has faced and she has the cardio to push a frantic pace on her. If Rose can get passed the first 3 rounds against JJ and gas her out (and we've seen JJ slow down before), I wouldn't be at all surprised if she got her to the ground and did work.

Rose and KK was a 3 round fight, we don't know that she wouldn't have been able to finish her if it went later. Regardless, it was a very close split decision, not definitive in anyway and MMA math never works.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought that was one of DJ's most impressive performances. He did whatever he wanted and submitted a guy who is really good on the ground. It was good to see the crowd going crazy after one of his fights as well. There's nothing left for him in that division and it has been that way for some time so hopefully he can get the record and then move up.

Rose looked great and twice now she has taken out someone the UFC was really pushing on Fox. I still don't think she can beat Joanna.

I didn't see the Jacare/Whittaker fight going that way at all. Whittaker is definitely a top contender now but that division is backed up at it is so there's no chance he's getting a title shot next. I doubt Romero will take the fight so maybe put him against Rockhold. That's a fresh match up and could be a really good fight.

Duquesnoy looks like someone to keep an eye on. I didn't know much about him coming in.

I was happy Sterling picked up the win. Not the most exciting fight but he badly needed that. Hopefully he can build on it.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Personally I'd love to see him fight Rockhold.

JJ is obviously the class of the division, but you're not giving enough credit to Rose.

Rose manages and understands distance better than anyone JJ has faced and she has the cardio to push a frantic pace on her. If Rose can get passed the first 3 rounds against JJ and gas her out (and we've seen JJ slow down before), I wouldn't be at all surprised if she got her to the ground and did work.

Rose and KK was a 3 round fight, we don't know that she wouldn't have been able to finish her if it went later. Regardless, it was a very close split decision, not definitive in anyway and MMA math never works.

Maybe Rose could have some chance but Joanna is the best female fighter ever and i'm very surprised if Rose isn't mismatch for her. Rose could have deeper knowledge about distance than anyone JJ faced in MMA but JJ has much deeper knowledge about striking than anyone Rose has faced. I don't agree with JJ slow down in later rounds. She was the one who gas Gadelha out and did very well in the fifth round against KK. Anyway i don't see it going in later rounds against Rose.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
If we're talking cardio, JJ has the easy edge on that. JJ throws a **** ton of strikes every round. and Rose does get tired as the fight goes on. She gassed against Esparza and Karolina (after eating knees for dinner)

The part that makes Rose a great challenger to JJ is that Rose can probably compete with JJ on the feet well and long enough to get the fight to ground. She may not beat JJ in a pure striking battle, but she doesn't have to. She just needs to use that striking to set up the grappling

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Yah she's not gassing JJ out. She's just as violent in round 5 as she is in round 1.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Does anyone else give Andrade a legit shot vs Joanna? I think she has the best chance out of everyone.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
If we're talking cardio, JJ has the easy edge on that. JJ throws a **** ton of strikes every round. and Rose does get tired as the fight goes on. She gassed against Esparza and Karolina (after eating knees for dinner)

The part that makes Rose a great challenger to JJ is that Rose can probably compete with JJ on the feet well and long enough to get the fight to ground. She may not beat JJ in a pure striking battle, but she doesn't have to. She just needs to use that striking to set up the grappling

Exactly. JJ said himself that she can go even 10 rounds without getting tired. Which is probably little bit stretching but everyone gets the point.

I don't really believe that she can compete with JJ on the feet anyway. JJ has advantage at everything on the feet and she will land combo after combo against Rose. I can see it being one-sided as JJ vs Jessica Penne. JJ takedown and ground defense are so excellent, that she doesn't need to be scared about takedowns.

I don't give Andrade a legit shot against Joanna. Difference with their pace is huge and i think Andrade could get very frustrated at some point of fight when JJ lands strike after strike. JJ is much better striker, Andrade has maybe little bit more power, but that doesn't change anything when other fighter technique is on whole another level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad