GDT: UFC on ABC: Sandhagen vs. Nurmagomedov/PFL 7

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
3-0 cory.

I dont think Umar's takedowns should add up to anything.

Wonder if he did legitimately hurt his ankle on that slip and he's not as comfortable transfering weight through it... Or this is just too big of a stage for his right now.
I think he looked nervous before that slip.

Even if he loses here, hes got such a good group around him that he'll be in good hands.

Reactions: Taytro

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The pop up tweets are saying 29-28 Umar through 3. I have it 29-28 just because they've been so close that it's easy to see a judge giving at least 1 to Umar.
I wonder if im seeing a different fight, I could see it 29-28 for cory, but not 29-28 umar.

His takedowns have added up to nothing.

I also think control shouldnt mean much, if you sit on top and do nothing, you shouldn't win the round because of it.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I wonder if im seeing a different fight, I could see it 29-28 for cory, but not 29-28 umar.

His takedowns have added up to nothing.

I also think control shouldnt mean much, if you sit on top and do nothing, you shouldn't win the round because of it.
It's one of those fights where I don't know if anyone has done enough to win any round so far, so it's understandable that people are it differently. That being said, Umar has looked good in the 4th.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I have Umar up 39-37.

I actually think he has done a nice job with some of those counters. He's hitting Sandhagen.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good technical fight. Still room for improvement for Umar for sure and I have questions about his striking (especially power) but he showed he belongs at this level.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Umar clearly won 4/5 and I'm confident the judges gave him at least one (or more) of the first 3 rounds so, I'll say Umar unanimous decision.

Reactions: Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I had it 50-45 tbh. Closest 50-45 ever but still not a sweat on the judges card. Umar seems to have a good idea of what he needs to do to edge out rounds. Smart fighter.

Dumas/Gaziev/Fernandes/Alvarez parlay cashed

I ended up chickening out on placing a bet on Tony, glad I did lol- that retirement was even classic Tony.

Alvarez is an awesome fighter, just has to keep making weight

Murzakanov fights like he knows the KO is inevitable eventually. Doesn’t rush anything.

Figgy-Yan would be sick. Can’t believe the former 125er was the first to drop Chito. The violence gremlin is mega legit

I know it was Tony but Chiesa looked not washed

Guram is a dog

Reactions: 16Skippy and Avs_19

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I like Belal and everything but I have to admit the funniest part of the card was when they showed him in the audience and he barely got a cheer lol

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
His UFC legacy is going to be the guy with the most losses in a row in the UFC ever. It feels a bit awkward especially as they probably put him in the hall of fame.
Anderson Silva finished his career 1-7-1, it tainted his GOAT status but that's not what he's known for. Just like Tony, it definitely sullies his reputation but he's a former TUF winner, (interim) champ, was tied with KHABIB for longest winning streak in the division for a bit.

The guy has real accolades and I think his legacy will represent that. The tail end is a foot note and not at all indicative of his competitive career.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $871.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00