GDT: UFC Fight Night: Makhachev vs Green

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They don’t make wins much more impressive than that. Saw a lot of people taking Alvarez in an upset but those oddsmakers might have been on to something lol

Reactions: m9 and Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was one of the worst ones I've seen in a while. Arman might be a problem.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Some of these cards have been so bad on paper. I don't find any of the main card fights on that next PPV all that intriguing. A few of them will probably be good but nothing that says, "I really need to see that PPV."

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Looks like a solid PPV to me.

It starts with the main event for me. I don't think Masvidal has much in that fight so I'm not too interested in it and then it just goes down from there. Fisaev might honestly be the guy I'm looking forward to seeing the most.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Coming out to Hit Em Up while throwing up double birds. I'm all for it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That went pretty much as expected.

It really seems like it's only a matter of time before Makhachev is champ. I'd still like to see him fight one of the top contenders but it probably won't matter if he does or gets Oliveira/Gaethje next.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I think you have to just give Islam the title fight now.

I really hope Oliveira beats Gaethje because I don't think Gaethje would stand a chance against Islam. Oliveira vs. Islam is the most intriguing fight in that division.

I wonder if they do Beneil vs the winner of RDA/Fiziev for next up after Islam's title shot.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tsarukyan apparently broke 2 of Alvarez’s ribs with the first takedown of the fight

I personally thought he was the mvp of the night. Haven’t seen vicious elbows on the ground like that since Blaydes brutalized Overeem/Abdurakhimov

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I really thought Alvarez was going to put up more of a fight than that. Just got wrecked in there.

Green/Islam was basically a squash match as expected.

Reactions: CDJ

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Woof. That Tsarukyan fight was kind of tough to watch. Disappointing outing for Alvarez or Tsarukyan is going to be f***ing some dudes up on his way to the title fight.

No doubt Islam gets the next title. There's not really any other options anyway unless Gaethje wins and you want to give Poirier a title shot since he beat Gaethje before. Poirier's a star, but I don't think he's a big enough star to get a title shot coming off a loss, though. So Islam it is.

Reactions: CDJ

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Looks like a solid PPV to me.
I'm into it, but I think I give Masvidal a better chance than most. I think Colby wins, but Masvidal has a shot IMO.

RDA-Fiziev and Barboza-Mitchell ae good, meaningful fights. Holland-Brazilian Cowboy should be fun. I don't understand why they put Rodriguez-Yan on the prelims and Kelleher-Umar on the early prelims, though.

I unfortunately have something to do next week, so I'm not sure I'll be able to watch it live.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I'm into it, but I think I give Masvidal a better chance than most. I think Colby wins, but Masvidal has a shot IMO.

RDA-Fiziev and Barboza-Mitchell ae good, meaningful fights. Holland-Brazilian Cowboy should be fun. I don't understand why they put Rodriguez-Yan on the prelims and Kelleher-Umar on the early prelims, though.

I unfortunately have something to do next week, so I'm not sure I'll be able to watch it live.

Hardy is the 1st fight on the main card - I think he should be a prelim at this point.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I might be in the minority but as much as I like Islam, I don't think it's right for him to fight for the title. He's fought 1 ranked opponent and his last two fights were short notice. I want to see him against real competition before he gets it, an RDA/Dariush are perfect fights to test him that just didn't pan out.

Also, I really hope McGregor doesn't get the title shot.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad