GDT: UFC 306: O'Malley vs. Dvalishvili/Bellator London: McCourt vs. Collins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1725900600084.png

Date: September 14, 2024
Venue: Sphere
City: Las Vegas, Nevada
Time: 10 pm ET/7 pm PT
Viewing: PPV

MAIN CARD (PPV)

Bantamweight Championship bout: Sean O'Malley (c) vs. Merab Dvalishvili
Women's Flyweight Championship bout: Alexa Grasso (c) vs. Valentina Shevchenko
Featherweight bout: Brian Ortega vs. Diego Lopes
Lightweight bout: Daniel Zellhuber vs. Esteban Ribovics
Flyweight bout: Ronaldo Rodriguez vs. Ode Osbourne

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPNews, Sportsnet)

Women's Bantamweight bout: Irene Aldana vs. Norma Dumont
Lightweight bout: Manuel Torres vs. Ignacio Bahamondes
Women's Strawweight bout: Yazmin Jauregui vs. Ketlen Souza
Flyweight bout: Edgar Chairez vs. Joshua Van

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Bantamweight bout: Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Aoriqileng​

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1725901055507.png

Date: September 14, 2024
Venue: Ovo Arena
City: London, England
Time: 5 pm ET/2 pm PT
Viewing: MAX, DAZN

MAIN CARD (MAX, DAZN)

Women's Featherweight bout: Leah McCourt vs. Sara Collins
Light Heavyweight bout: Simeon Powell vs. Rafael Xavier
Light Heavyweight bout: Luke Trainer vs. Laurynas Urbonavicius
Lightweight bout: Tim Wilde vs. Marc Diakiese
Lightweight bout: Archie Colgan vs. Manoel Sousa

PRELIMINARY CARD (MAX, DAZN)

Middleweight bout: Mike Shipman vs. Eslam Abdel Baset
Catchweight (175 lb) bout: Joseph Luciano vs. Steven Hill
Bantamweight bout: Ciaran Clarke vs. Zebenzui Ruiz
Lightweight bout: Darragh Kelly vs. Dmytrii Hrytsenko
Women's Featherweight bout: Eman Almudhaf vs. Daiane da Silva​

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah I’d imagine we’re gonna get some great video packages and stuff but I’m not anticipating it being a mind-blowing experience for us at home

Fights should bang tho. Stylistically all pretty fun (outside of the prelim wmma, and even then these are high end wmma prelim fights…I just don’t expect them to be violent bangers like many of the other fights on the card)

Sneaky looking forward to Torres-Bahamondes the most I think. Love that they put Van in there against Chairez as a late notice replacement- probably not good for Van’s brain but it made the card more exciting

PFLator card is a prospect card and if you take it as that then it’s fine. But god damn does that suck by normal standards. I’ll tune in for Colgan-Sousa

Reactions: Taytro

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I don't think they even care about bellator just running out the string and merging the rosters once the tv deal or whatever it is that is stopping them from doing so ends.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Looked how many tix were still available for 306 and I was pretty stunned at the amount available. Then I looked at the prices and wasn’t as stunned after that.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Totally, agree that the Sphere is going to be lame for the home viewers. First of all, there's no way to capture a 360degree experience on a flat, 40-60in screen. They don't even really capture any sporting event on TV. Or movies at home vs. in the theater. Second, I imagine the screens will be off or at least static during the fights. In between rounds or fights, they will be showing their normal packages or ads for whatever shitty movie or video game they are getting paid for. They will show it some, but I just don't see it being that drastically different. So most of the experience is going to be business as usual.

Unfortunately, yet another one I will, but as far as the fights.

O'Malley-Merab - Classic striker vs. grappler. I'm leaning towards Merab. O'Malley's TDD is not great and I think Merab can do to him what Merab does best. I do think he needs to be careful, though. I think sometimes he gets a little overly aggressive and scrambly and could leave himself open for that big KO shot that O'Malley certainly has.

Grasso-Valentina - Regardless of what you thought about the decision last time, I think Grasso showed that she's on this level and it wasn't a complete fluke. I think there's an element of her showing it to herself, too. I think she will be confident going in and Valentina's another year older. I'll take Grasso by decision.

Ortega-Lopez - Should be a fun one. It's hard to get a read on Ortega with all his injuries and weight cuts and sometimes he looks great and other times he gets his ass kicked (granted to Volk and Max). I think the grappling will probably cancel out and I'll take Ortega's striking over Lopez.

I don't really know and/or care about the rest of the card.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The name value may not be there as far as being a stacked event but I think there are going to be a lot of entertaining fights throughout the card. I actually really looking forward to tomorrow night.

Main event is a really good one. Funny enough, that may not end up being one of those entertaining fights if Merab is able to successfully implement his game plan for five rounds but it's still very intriguing. High level striker vs. high level grappler with an endless gas tank. I think Merab takes it but I also wouldn't be surprised if O'Malley catches him. I've doubted O'Malley plenty but he'll shut me up for good if he pulls this off.

Don't have a lot to say about the co-main. Two very evenly matched and great fighters. I imagine we'll see another very good technical fight and I'm here for it. If I had to pick I'd go with Grasso via decision.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
It's not the deepest card but the main event is one of the best fights the UFC can put on right now if you remove all the legendary secret characters like McGregor, Jones etc. from the equation.

I will buy this to see what they can do with the Sphere on the TV broadcast. I'm interested enough in the card where I won't beat myself up if the Sphere part doesn't meet expectations.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Benson Henderson vs Idris Virgo boxing in Misfits has been fun, didn’t see his first fight tonight against Avila but I was surprised to see he won and moved on in this tournament

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad